FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   Complete List of Airports with Whole Body Imaging/Advanced Imaging Technology Scanner (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/1138014-complete-list-airports-whole-body-imaging-advanced-imaging-technology-scanner.html)

FriendlySkies Oct 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Complete List of Airports with Whole Body Imaging/Advanced Imaging Technology Scanner

I have transferred all of the information from my post to the wiki above. Please help the community to keep it updated.

Safe travels

essxjay Oct 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Nice work, FS. ^

Folks,

The OP offered to maintain a list of airports with NoS and we're happy to have this type of up-to-the-minute info complied for the benefit of all. Please send thanks/brickbats by PM for the sake of neatness. :)

We'll now sticky this thread for convenience ...

---------
essxjay
TS/S moderator

Himeno Oct 19, 2010 2:44 am

ORD has them in T3 as well. 2 at the K concourse checkpoint. Not sure about the others.

pbjag Oct 19, 2010 6:53 am

PBI now has the MMW at the checkpoint leading to Concourse A/B (Continental, USAir, Southwest)

freeflyin Oct 19, 2010 10:24 am

"BWI - A,B,D concourse no way to avoid them but not primary"

At times they are primary. B concourse last week we had no choice and everyone had to go through them. It was such slow going that bags were falling off the rollers after being screened,since their owners were still in line to be screened.

If they are going to use them, they need to find a way to speed up the process.

FriendlySkies Oct 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Just a reminder, please send any changes/corrections by PM.

This will help keep this thread neat.

Thanks to all of you that have sent me updates! ^

theblakefish Oct 20, 2010 7:29 pm

This thread = ^

ND Sol Oct 21, 2010 8:30 am

Per TSA Chief Pistole's remarks, please remove this thread immediately (it is injurious to the Homeland). ;)

What I don't want to see happen is terrorists going on a website and seeing where there is AIT and where there's walk-through metal detectors and using, like on Christmas Day, a non-metallic explosive device through one of those airports that does not have AIT. So that's my concern. So we'll see how that all resolves.

doober Oct 21, 2010 9:28 am

Originally Posted by ND Sol (Post 14985860)
Per TSA Chief Pistole's remarks, please remove this thread immediately (it is injurious to the Homeland). ;)

I was going to suggest that the sticky be renamed "Terrorist's Guide to Finding Airports Without WBI."

FriendlySkies Oct 21, 2010 10:15 am

What I don't want to see happen is terrorists going on a website and seeing where there is AIT and where there's walk-through metal detectors and using, like on Christmas Day, a non-metallic explosive device through one of those airports that does not have AIT. So that's my concern. So we'll see how that all resolves.

Well, that's just too bad :( :rolleyes: :D

Originally Posted by doober (Post 14986326)
I was going to suggest that the sticky be renamed "Terrorist's Guide to Finding Airports Without WBI."

Great idea! essxjay would you do the honors? ;) lol

thomas199023 Oct 21, 2010 4:04 pm

AMS has them:(:td:

ewick12 Oct 25, 2010 5:24 pm

MSY

They just added a millimeter-wave NoS at MSY. I'm not sure if it has gone live yet but it is installed.

FriendlySkies Oct 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by thomas199023 (Post 14989046)
AMS has them:(:td:

Originally Posted by ewick12 (Post 15012064)
They just added a millimeter-wave NoS at MSY. I'm not sure if it has gone live yet but it is installed.

A friendly reminder: Please PM info about airports to me, rather than posting it in this thread. Thanks!

essxjay Oct 25, 2010 8:18 pm

I am more convinced than ever our leadership is the #1 Danger To The Homeland. :mad:

Originally Posted by doober (Post 14986326)

Nnnn-nice! :D

Delta 764 Oct 30, 2010 8:33 pm

I think that the TSA could soon award a contract to a third supplier. Currently, L-3 Communications supplies the millimeter wave scanners, while Rapiscan Systems supplies the backscatter x-ray scanners.

I know Smiths Detection (infamous for those "puffer machines" that have recently been removed due to malfunctions) has introduced their own millimeter wave scanner, but the TSA hasn't deployed their version yet.