Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Censorship on PV

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2010, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Censorship on PV

First several posts of mine under the curling iron entry disappear. Now a new message sent to the off-topic session criticizing the censorship on PV has disappeared.

I thought the US was supposed to be the land of free speech.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BubbaLoop
First several posts of mine under the curling iron entry disappear. Now a new message sent to the off-topic session criticizing the censorship on PV has disappeared.

Once posted on PV didn't Bob say he would indicate if a post was later delelted?

Seems nothing said over there can be counted on to be truthful.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Once posted on PV didn't Bob say he would indicate if a post was later delelted?

Seems nothing said over there can be counted on to be truthful.
Repeat after me: Curtis is a liar and a coward.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JSmith1969
Repeat after me: Curtis is a liar and a coward.
Which is why we call him "Blogdad Bob".
Old Oct 10, 2010, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

I'm sure they are going to say the post was lost by the system. It is easy to blame it on the internet...

Will post again.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
So much for

This blog is sponsored by the Transportation Security Administration to facilitate an ongoing dialogue on innovations in security, technology and the checkpoint screening process.
More like a one-way dialogue, that allows comments that TSA likes, rather than allowing people to express their opinion, good or bad..
Old Oct 10, 2010, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
So much for

More like a one-way dialogue, that allows comments that TSA likes, rather than allowing people to express their opinion, good or bad..
They are busy preparing to do battle for the heart and mind of their last supporter.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: SSSSS

Da Tovarsch Citizen. Are you here to serve the state? or be served by it?

USSA land of free, home of brave. You understand now.
trans:
Да товарищ гражданина, вы понимаете
Old Oct 10, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
It's propaganda pure and simple. Truth is the first casualty when you're at war with heathens that don't believe.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
So much for

That would be called a monologue. And of course, unlike Jay Leno's, TSA's isn't funny at all.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: OnePass
Originally Posted by Superguy
That would be called a monologue. And of course, unlike like Jay Leno's, TSA's isn't funny at all. either.
Fixed it for you.

That said, yeah, the truth is the first to go.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:39 am
Suspended

It's still alive and well at PV and chugging right along.......neither of my 2 recent comments has appeared. Interestingly, one was along the lines of another poster named "Anonymous" in the most recent Pissy thread. Maybe BB felt the same thing didn't need to be said twice.

Also interesting to note that except for 2 of the first 3 comments in that thread, they are all from anonymous people.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The number of permitted comments on PV has dropped off substantially. I think a very heavy censors hand is in play.

Perhaps String Master Pissy didn't like all of the negative remarks and is making Puppet Bob to dance to another tune.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Although my comment on censoring comments finally made it through after 3 failed attempts (not counting messages deleted from the curling iron part), I also noticed, as did Doober, that anonymous posts seem to be getting by with less "on topic" content than mine. Lovely.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:33 am
Suspended

Although my comment on censoring comments finally made it through after 3 failed attempts (not counting messages deleted from the curling iron part), I also noticed, as did Doober, that anonymous posts seem to be getting by with less "on topic" content than mine. Lovely.
Which all says that TSA is feeling heat from the comments posted so we are having a positive impact over there and with the minds and hearts of the people who read PV. This is not the outcome the TSA wanted but it's the one they deserve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.