Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

How many TSO's, LTSO'S, STSO'S, Leo's, BDO's etc. are on this forum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many TSO's, LTSO'S, STSO'S, Leo's, BDO's etc. are on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2010, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Cholula
Anybody else willing to take The Pledge™??
Sure, as long as it doesn't mean limiting ourselves to Larry King-league softball questions. I agree the cross-eyed anger here over TSA, while mostly justified, is repetitive and eventually non-constructive -- as in the abortion debate, after awhile you've played every card in the deck, and there's nothing new to say. But I think we can be civil while remaining an activist force / voice.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 2:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by LessO2
I'm definitely in.

Originally Posted by BearX220
Sure, as long as it doesn't mean limiting ourselves to Larry King-league softball questions. I agree the cross-eyed anger here over TSA, while mostly justified, is repetitive and eventually non-constructive -- as in the abortion debate, after awhile you've played every card in the deck, and there's nothing new to say. But I think we can be civil while remaining an activist force / voice.
I think where we need to make a distinction is between criticizing the TSA as a bureaucracy and institution and jumping down the throats of the few FT TSA'ers and DHS employees who still post here.

The former needs criticizing IMO and the latter, for the most part, are just the messenger. And no sense in shooting the messenger IMO.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
I’m in.

One other suggestion I have would be to scale back on the use of slang and acronyms. Right at this moment there are three times as many unregistered guests in the forum as FTers, and I wonder how many of them will make any sense out of what the thread “Censorship on PV” means, just as an example. Okay, PV = Propaganda Village = TSA Blog, and I know there is a stickied glossary, but that doesn’t help the Google bots that would otherwise direct more and more people here.

Take a look at these Google searches:

“censorship at tsa blog”

Compare this to

“flying with a warrant”

There's no reason why FT shouldn't be at the top of Google searches for things like TSA censorship or anything else, and all we have to do is use plain language. ^
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N965VJ
I’m in.

One other suggestion I have would be to scale back on the use of slang and acronyms. Right at this moment there are three times as many unregistered guests in the forum as FTers, and I wonder how many of them will make any sense out of what the thread “Censorship on PV” means, just as an example. Okay, PV = Propaganda Village = TSA Blog, and I know there is a stickied glossary, but that doesn’t help the Google bots that would otherwise direct more and more people here.

“censorship at tsa blog”

Compare this to

“flying with a warrant”

There's no reason why FT shouldn't be at the top of Google searches for things like TSA censorship or anything else, and all we have to do is use plain language. ^
While I don't disagree my arthritic hands find even a few less key strokes helpful.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:41 pm

I’m in.

“censorship at tsa blog”

Compare this to

“flying with a warrant”

Point well put. I'll avoid acronyms not known outside this blog from now on.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL-PM, Small Luxury Hotels & Proud Member of TSA Disparager-Gold
Originally Posted by BubbaLoop
Point well put. I'll avoid acronyms not known outside this blog from now on.
In that case, I'm in
Old Oct 14, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Silver
Originally Posted by JoiseyGirl
No "hit and run" poster here it seems the hostility that is directed to TSA and TSO's is from being treated disrespectful at checkpoints. For that, the TSO is directly responsible NOT TSA.
Actually, the TSA is composed of TSOs and their supervisors who do nothing about the TSOs who do things wrong. So it is the TSA.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Count me formally in.

One other suggestion I have would be to scale back on the use of slang and acronyms. ... There's no reason why FT shouldn't be at the top of Google searches for things like TSA censorship or anything else, and all we have to do is use plain language. ^
Good point. ^
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: Amtrak S+, HH GLD, AA 1MM, SPG, UA, TSA Disparager Gold
Most certainly...and also willing to "oversee" the TSA Disparager elite program to keep the personal attacks and jargon out of the "official printed materials".

Um, is "TSA Disparager" itself verboten?

Last edited by gatelouse; Oct 14, 2010 at 10:25 pm Reason: scope
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Of the at least 200 TSO's who used to post here, trust me, the great majority were run out of town. The number who stopped posting due to a fear of losing their job was much smaller. At least where we know the actual reason they stopped posting.

And, BTW, let's not name any names here. This is just for general discussion. We had to delete a post a few minutes ago where a member was specifically naming other members. We don't allow calling out other members, TSA'ers or not.
To be fair, there were several that garnered the respect of us, your morons, even if we did ultimately disagree. A lot of it revolves in how they present themselves on the forum. As many of them have presented themselves in the same way as many of the "few" Bad Apples® we complain about at the checkpoints, I can't say it's a surprise that some of them have been run out of here.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:50 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
You're right about that, at least in the early days of this forum. I remember going in and deleting all posts for some panic-stricken TSA'ers who said they didn't realize they would be fired for posting here.

Maybe I'm imagining it but there doesn’t seem to be as many barriers for TSA folks to post on IBB's any longer.

But I wouldn't wade in here and post if I were a TSO. Why deal with the anger and hostility?

And, hey, as a very frequent flier myself, I'm as angry and hostile toward the TSA as anybody else on this board. But I can also make the distinction between the big, bad TSA/DHS bureaucracy and FT'ers who are also TSO's and who want to contribute here.
I'm fine with the pledge, but that pledge of respect for the individual must go both ways.

I would likewise ask that each TSA member here take a similar pledge to show respect for the other participants on this board. No naming names, but there have been a few over the years that have shown disdain and disrespect to folks that don't agree with everything they say.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
I have to admit, I really don't understand why anyone would willingly take that job and participate in what seems to be a full assault on our civil rights. If all the screeners quit, nobody would be left to run the Nude-o-scopes, right...?

That said, I will pledge to sit on my hands if I don't have anything constructive to say. For the most part.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 1:13 am

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
I'm fine with the pledge, but that pledge of respect for the individual must go both ways.

I would likewise ask that each TSA member here take a similar pledge to show respect for the other participants on this board. No naming names, but there have been a few over the years that have shown disdain and disrespect to folks that don't agree with everything they say.
+1
Old Oct 15, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: OnePass
Sorry, I won't be participating in "being nice to the TSA".

They will be shown no quarter in my eyes.

Every time they tell a pax "Do you want to fly today?" It's a slap in the face of all Americans.

Every time they come on here and say "Well, we don't have to tell you anything" its further eroding of the American ideal.

The TSA deserves no respect, and shall receive none from me. As for the employees of that agency, if you don't like being dumped on because of your employer, find new employment.

Until a real solution to air security is found, we're more and more unsafe because of the TSA.

So, therefore, I will not be nice. I will challenge anything they say, and I will use only the amount of civility required to keep within the forum TOS.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikemey
Sorry, I won't be participating in "being nice to the TSA".

They will be shown no quarter in my eyes.

Every time they tell a pax "Do you want to fly today?" It's a slap in the face of all Americans.

Every time they come on here and say "Well, we don't have to tell you anything" its further eroding of the American ideal.

The TSA deserves no respect, and shall receive none from me. As for the employees of that agency, if you don't like being dumped on because of your employer, find new employment.

Until a real solution to air security is found, we're more and more unsafe because of the TSA.

So, therefore, I will not be nice. I will challenge anything they say, and I will use only the amount of civility required to keep within the forum TOS.
Few, if any, here will argue about the TSA's actions both in their SOP and some individuals.

The question is why can't we discuss this in a civil manner?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.