Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

US Border Patrol checkpoint on I-10 in west Texas

US Border Patrol checkpoint on I-10 in west Texas

Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: AA Plat UA Premier
Originally Posted by ND Sol
In my case, I am pretty certain the dog was used as a ruse to find probable cause. After the dog did his thing, I heard the handler say the dog didn’t alert. But that wasn’t good enough, so the handler was ordered to have the dog search again. I didn’t hear the handler say anything this second time, so I asked if the dog now alerted. No one would answer my simple question, but they decided to search my bag anyway without my consent. That camera bag never had anything in it that would have been illegal in the year that I had owned it (and I had purchased it new).
What was the eventual outcome?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by SirFlysALot
What was the eventual outcome?
Nothing further than what was in my original post, which is the reason I posted the matter. TSA didn't want to talk about it.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MissyH
Why is the CBP so harsh on its canine employees? I'm willing to be that in the last hundred(or even thousand) years, not a single dog was convicted of lying to humans.

Or does CBP really mean Cat Border Patrol?
Be careful, now, Missy! I am 50% of the support staff for two female grey tabbies. (Yes -- I refer to ALL of the females in the Flies household as "missy" -- whether they are on four legs or two.....
Old May 29, 2012, 8:14 pm

1-10 West Texas Checkpoint

Where can I get in contact with this checkpoint. I need to get a 16 wheeler report for the month of April and it is urgent.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:10 pm

Cooperation is no longer enough at these "suspicionless" checkpoints where everybody is treated with suspicion. Here a driver who answered 17/18 questions and provided a driver's license, military ID, and two passports was detained for 34 minutes and had his boss called during the encounter and weeks later had a letter sent from the Border Patrol to his boss.

Cooperation isn't even enough anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SBEdk9FyGw
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SM
Originally Posted by VAPA
Cooperation is no longer enough at these "suspicionless" checkpoints where everybody is treated with suspicion. Here a driver who answered 17/18 questions and provided a driver's license, military ID, and two passports was detained for 34 minutes and had his boss called during the encounter and weeks later had a letter sent from the Border Patrol to his boss.

Cooperation isn't even enough anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SBEdk9FyGw
If cooperation isn't enough, then why cooperate in the first place? It's not going to do any good, anyway.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:15 am

Amazing that we citizens have to confer to find ways to keep safe from
the people that are supposed to be keeping us safe. Never a good
sign.

Last edited by yandosan; Jan 15, 2014 at 8:24 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.