Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:48 am

Applied for GE Nov 2
Wife applied same day and approved 4 days later
Now 108 days. Clean history!
Several complaints sent starting months ago. New reply: Now sent to resolution which takes 3-4 weeks!
Unreliable process. The system has major flaws and very bad communication.
elc2414 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by wtraveler2
Applied for GE Nov 2
Wife applied same day and approved 4 days later
Now 108 days. Clean history!
Several complaints sent starting months ago. New reply: Now sent to resolution which takes 3-4 weeks!
Unreliable process. The system has major flaws and very bad communication.
Did you consider that the system might not be flawed but that your application has been held up for a reason and that CBP is not going to tell you what that is until and unless there is a denial?
xhemp likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:15 pm

Did you consider that if one has a clean history, there should be no reason for denial, rather the likelihood that the application may be lost in the system?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by wtraveler2
Did you consider that if one has a clean history, there should be no reason for denial, rather the likelihood that the application may be lost in the system?
As demonstrated by numerous posts over many years here on FT, processing time for any particular application is essentially random between a range of about one week on the low end to a few months at the high end.
84fiero, elc2414 and xhemp like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:55 pm

Update, BOTH GE cards arrived today, not asking questions on way the wifes took so long, just glad they are here, we leave in 15 hours
elc2414 and C.D. like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:24 pm

I applied for GE on January 31st and from what I read, my conditional approval will take a while.
I have 3 different international trips this month back to back. I hope I can do my interview upon arrival from one of these trips but, if my card is sent to my house and I am still in one of these trips, can I still enter as a GE member? Is my acceptance e-mail enough or do I need to bring the physical card with me?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by C.D.
I applied for GE on January 31st and from what I read, my conditional approval will take a while.
I have 3 different international trips this month back to back. I hope I can do my interview upon arrival from one of these trips but, if my card is sent to my house and I am still in one of these trips, can I still enter as a GE member? Is my acceptance e-mail enough or do I need to bring the physical card with me?
Welcome to FT.

Once you receive your final approval, you can use your passport at a Global Entry kiosk. Physical GE card is not required to use a GE kiosk.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:06 pm

Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Welcome to FT.

Once you receive your final approval, you can use your passport at a Global Entry kiosk. Physical GE card is not required to use a GE kiosk.
+1

The physical GE card is only required at LAND crossings in order to access the Nexus lanes entering into the US. For entry by air, GE is tied to your passport number, not the card. Once you are approved, your passport is all you will ever use at a GE machine at an airport.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by C.D.
the ‘Trick’ here is getting your ‘Conditional’ that may happen tonight or in 2 months?? Who knows, wife and I both applied on Nov 17, her conditional came in a week I got mine a week ago. Both of us are clean, same trips. Just one of those tgings. Got my conditional on Friday a week agi, drove to San Francisco and did a walk in appoitment. Got my Card 7 days later.
IF you get your conditional / there are several airports where you can do your Interview as you arrove, check the web site, they are all listed.

so, back to the Conditional,,, No one here has figured it out? Someare fast / others are SLOW

good luck

alteady stated but the card is for land and sea port entry
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: BAEC, MileagePlus
I got my conditional approval today, applied on the 1st December. I'm flying to BWI in March so will do an interview on arrival.
Good to mention I haven't got any email notification also so do log in every now and then to check.
Good luck!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS, HA, CX, AF, BA, UA, HH
Originally Posted by lizzie472
Wooooo just checked and got conditional approval!

Applied December 1

unfortunatley the nearest enrollment center (Richmond) doesn’t seem to do interviews anymore which leaves me a 5 hr drive to Dulles
Originally Posted by xhemp
I got my conditional approval today, applied on the 1st December. I'm flying to BWI in March so will do an interview on arrival.
Good to mention I haven't got any email notification also so do log in every now and then to check.
Good luck!
Originally Posted by Harley0711

the ‘Trick’ here is getting your ‘Conditional’ that may happen tonight or in 2 months?? Who knows, wife and I both applied on Nov 17, her conditional came in a week I got mine a week ago. Both of us are clean, same trips. Just one of those tgings. Got my conditional on Friday a week agi, drove to San Francisco and did a walk in appoitment. Got my Card 7 days later.
IF you get your conditional / there are several airports where you can do your Interview as you arrove, check the web site, they are all listed.

so, back to the Conditional,,, No one here has figured it out? Someare fast / others are SLOW

good luck

alteady stated but the card is for land and sea port entry
Could those who are getting approvals now please share which office their applications were processed through? It states on your approval letter what office processed and approved your application. Just curious if there is any commonality.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by elc2414
Could those who are getting approvals now please share which office their applications were processed through? It states on your approval letter what office processed and approved your application. Just curious if their is any commonality.
Mine was Vermont:

WILLISTON, VT
PO BOX 946
Williston, VT 05495
US
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS, HA, CX, AF, BA, UA, HH
Mine was Vermont:

WILLISTON, VT
PO BOX 946
Williston, VT 05495
US
Hmmm. That's the same office as all the others I know who's conditional approval states. I'm wondering now if that office is the "central" processing office and perhaps all approval letters come from there? Hopefully, more will post where their approvals come from so we have more data points to confirm or not.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Mine was Vermont:

WILLISTON, VT
PO BOX 946
Williston, VT 05495
US
Same address on my conditional. Final is from the office I was interviewed by.
elc2414 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.