Wiki Posts
Search

DFW woes causing baggage issues?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: a advantage one world
DFW woes causing baggage issues?

I wanted to see if anyone else is having similar issues...

I only flew 5 times this year, NBO to DFW. My issue is the line for border control. Twice this year I have arrived at DFW to be greeted by a line of several hundred fliers and only 3 or 4 TSA agents working the e.c.p.resulting in an hour or longer wait. Yesterday there were 3 when I arrived, with one abandoning his post about 10 minutes into my wait, leaving only 2 working one of the longest lines I've ever stood in. In the TSA's defense, they added another 2 agents about 25 minutes into my wait which sped things up considerably.

My gripe is in thinking my hour long wait created my baggage issue. Twice this year I've had about an hour long wait. The first time someone accidentally took my bag as their own, it was returned 30 hours later unscathed. Yesterday my baggage was shown as being checked in at DFW yet never made the carousel......as far as I know anyway, because I was standing in a security line and not at the carousel for probably a good 40 minutes after the first bag dropped.

I hope AA just misplaced it, making my first incident this year a rare occurrence. If they didn't misplace it, and someone took it by accident or purposefully I can't help but feel the TSA is responsible for both instances. Anyway this has but a damper on my Christmas this year and made me angry enough to pose this question to the forum. Anyone else experience anything like this on a regular basis?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.