1,000 miles bonus for phone card -NOT

Old Oct 23, 2001, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

1,000 miles bonus for phone card -NOT

I registered for the WorldCom Phone Card with MCI back in August...when it was posted...(yes, I did get a AA partner)..it just posted with the miles for the phone call. I called again today and was told that the bonus miles will not be recieved. Has anyone received bonus miles from MCI through the 20 partner program given by American Airlines?
Old Oct 23, 2001, 4:17 pm

Programs: 11 Longhaired Friends of Jesus; Chartreuse Microbus; just demoted to AA nonentity
I haven't received it yet, but over the weekend, I was told by an MCI customer service rep that he had requested that the miles be posted. Here's the background: I have used the card minimally but monthly. (Except once when stuck in BOS--$13 for two or three short calls!) During a previous call to MCI, after over two months of waiting on the bonus miles, the CSR told me that he couldn't give me any information, since "his computer was being upgraded." (I didn't ask why he took my call in the first place.) In the meantime, at some point I noticed that somewhere in the MCI phone tree is an option that will tell you what your service is, including any enrollment bonus. It was still robotically intoning the magic "5000."

I'd suggest traversing the phone tree to see whether it's willing to cough up the goods. If it does, you could even start over and tape the whole operation (I have developed a none-too-charitable opinion of the company over some real harassment via phone solicitation a while back--"they're aren't any supervisors here," etc.). After that, it's the usual polite persistence with the CSRs. I had my seeming sucess on a Sunday afternoon, and the fellow had to put me on hold for some time before delivering the news. The one thing I've yet to ascertain is whether the once-a-month usage refers to calendar months, billing cycles, or 30-day periods from enrollment date. Oh, and whether they'll really post the miles.
Old Oct 26, 2001, 1:21 pm

I also applied for the WorldCom Phone Card with MCI in July or August. As I received the phone card, I called MCI to make sure if I could receive 1000 bonus miles per month for the next 5 months. They said no such thing regarding the 1000/5000 bonus miles.
I cancelled the phone card immediately and doubted about if anyone ever received or will receive the 1000/5000 bonus miles.
Old Oct 26, 2001, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both for responding. I will cancel the card now. I also signed up my computer line for their newest offer. Regardless if you make a call or not you receive 1000 miles a month for five months. Let's see.
Old Oct 27, 2001, 1:49 pm

So far, I've received 1,000 AA miles for two consecutive months using the card for international calls. They posted automatically without my having to call a CSR.
Old Dec 19, 2001, 11:44 am

Programs: 11 Longhaired Friends of Jesus; Chartreuse Microbus; just demoted to AA nonentity
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wheezer:
Oh, and whether they'll really post the miles.</font>
Well, two months down the line and no sign of those miles. Thanx, MCI.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 6:37 pm

I just received the last posting from MCI to complete my 5,000 mile bonus for this card. The interesting point is that once I saw the rates, I never made a call using the card. My total expense were some FF taxes which came to about $3.50.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 2:53 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tenacious:
I just received the last posting from MCI to complete my 5,000 mile bonus for this card. The interesting point is that once I saw the rates, I never made a call using the card. My total expense were some FF taxes which came to about $3.50. </font>
Well, I've once more been told that they've requested the miles to be posted, but I'm not holding my breath. And although I've ceased using the card, I received a $0.01 bill yesterday with no explanation whatever. Wotta deal.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Ok, this is the deal...I spoke to someone at MCI that had a clue. There has to be a "Z" code applied to your account in order for the miles to go through. If you recieved a bill for a penny...you are in the system but you need to call and make sure the "Z" code is put on your account. Good Luck!
Old Jan 25, 2002, 2:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LK126:
There has to be a "Z" code applied to your account in order for the miles to go through. If you recieved a bill for a penny...you are in the system</font>
Any miles, or the sign-up bonus? I'm certainly in their system, as mileage for actual use shows up fine; they're merely stiffing me on the 1000 per month. As for the $0.01, a CSR I spoke to recently seemed to be trying to assert that it was the FF excise tax, but after several rephrasings, I realized that there was no way this guy was going to grasp that 7.5% of nothing does not work out to one cent. He offered to waive it, but the thought of having to call MCI every month for that particular service caused me to demur.
Old Mar 25, 2002, 10:36 am

Nine months and five phone calls later, MCI finally posted the bonus miles. Mercy.
Old Mar 25, 2002, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Congrats!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.