MCI long distance + miles?

Old Sep 5, 2001, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
MCI long distance + miles?

What is best way to switch from ATT to MCI long distance and get miles for AA, UA, CO, or Delta? I usually get tons of calls to switch, but now that I want to (had a spat with ATT recently), I have not heard from them. Is there a WEB site to get switched WITH miles or at least a special phone number?? I think the last offer was 5,000 miles over 5 or 6 months.

Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2001, 12:18 am
Original Member

Doesn't seem to be much happening at MCI with reguard to miles lately. Just checked yesterday and 5,000 was the highest amount mentioned.
We can always hope that they will match Sprint's 40,000 mile offer. Wouldn't that be fun to watch? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Nov 7, 2001, 1:53 pm

I am planning to switch to MCI next week and want to get as many AA miles as possible. What is the best way to get 5000 miles? Web site address? Special # to call?

------------------
On the road,
In the air,
I enjoy travel
From here to there.
Old Nov 11, 2001, 11:11 am

Ontheroad, this FT thread should help you in
obtaining the best current AA milage deal
{10K} available from MCI: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum99/HTML/000143.html As I have stated in a previous post, any MCI calling plan is available to
you when switching.

[This message has been edited by Tenacious (edited 11-11-2001).]
Old Nov 19, 2001, 9:00 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I signed up for this offer. The agent did not ask me any code, and gave me details about the 10,000 mile bonus. I signed up for an international calling plan $3.95 per month plus $1.05 min monthly charge. The agent told me that MCI would be reimbursing me for the switch, which is nice as they switch long distance and local long distance - each has a fee for switching.

I'll also be trying to get the 1K/month for calling card usage - this bonus is mentioned in another thread. So total bonus should be 15K United miles in 5 months.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.