Wiki Posts
Search

Lima Taxi Safety

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2009, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Lima Taxi Safety

Everyone seems to have his/her own take on this, but what's the most cost-effective way to get a Lima taxi that is safe -- both at LIM and around the city? FWIW, I don't speak Spanish. My Miraflores hotel offered a LIM transfer for $27USD. I've also heard of something called Hertz taxi, but I'm not clear how safe that is. And if you're about the city and want to get back to the hotel, it's not exactly easy to call for a taxi and it seems like you have to get one the street? Thanks for any advice people have.
Old May 12, 2009, 12:52 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

At the airport in Lima, simply go to the taxi stand on the lower level. It's behind the escalators and next to the left baggage office.

They speak some english, are very professional and will quote you a set price before you pay them in advance of your trip. The drivers all wear ties and a white dress shirt, are polite and will use air conditioning if you ask. Airport to Miraflores will run you about $15 USD.

For your return, I would advise against hailing a taxi on the street. Simply walk into any hotel and ask them to call a taxi for you. If you go to the Larcomar shopping area (outdoor mall on the ocean) in Miraflores, you will find a taxi stand on the lower level near the restaurants.
Old May 16, 2009, 5:27 am

I think it was 50soles from LIM to Miraflores few months ago.
Old May 26, 2009, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
To future readers, the hotel booked reservations for me to use a company called Taxi Green. It was about 50-55 soles to Miraflores, and there was a taxi stand right inside LIM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.