Search

Decent hotels near LIM for a day-stay?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2007, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Decent hotels near LIM for a day-stay?

Looks like I'll be flying CUZ-LIM-LAX this August with 14 hours between flights. Does anyone know of a comfortable hotel near the LIM airport that offers day rates? A pool would be great (the kids will be with me) and it would be nice to get some good rest before our post-midnight flight back to LAX.

Thanks in advance.

fz
Old Apr 18, 2007, 2:40 am

Programs: CO Platinum
Not much near LIM.
The airport itself is actually in Callao with not much going on.
Best bet is to take a cab to the Miraflores section (about 30-40 minutes).
Holiday Inn Select comes to mind. There is also a Marriot and a plethora of other hotels.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Russell745
Not much near LIM.
The airport itself is actually in Callao with not much going on.
Best bet is to take a cab to the Miraflores section (about 30-40 minutes).
Holiday Inn Select comes to mind. There is also a Marriot and a plethora of other hotels.
Thanks for the info. I'll look into the Miraflores area.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Hotel Las Palmeras in Miraflores is quite nice, spent many a night there although for the life of me I don't remember if they have a pool. Good restaurant, big rooms. Good advice to head to Miraflores/San Isidro. The area around the airport in general, is not all that good.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
The JW Marriott has some good rates if you look in the Marriott forum -
Old Apr 22, 2007, 12:54 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
The Sheraton also has much better rates if you call them than what they have online. I stayed there when my flight out of Lima got cancelled - called them and got a $70 rate including upgrade to Club floor.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 9:45 am
Community Director Emerita

I've stayed in the Marriott in Miraflores, and it is very nice. There is also a Doubletree in Miraflores. The Sheraton is on the edge of downtown, not as pleasing a neighborhood. Should you be chasing Starwood stays, my understanding is that it is adequate.;
Old Apr 22, 2007, 11:23 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Re the Sheraton - the area around the Plaza after dark is quite iffy. The Miraflores/San Isidro area is much nicer with many more eating options and things to do - especially with kids. Larco Mar accross from the Marriott is a good place for kids.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 3:47 am

Programs: CO Platinum
Calle Las Pizzas comes to mind as a good place for the kids as well.
Outdoor seating, very reasonably priced food, good people watching and cheap beer.

And cheap beer.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 3:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
I book hotels from this website www.go2peru.com.

They usually have a specials with paying with the Visa card.

Of course in Lima, you can always call the hotel and negotiate a price.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 6:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
There is currently a hotel under construction at the airport, but I doubt it will be complete by August. Other than that, don't bother staying in Callao---aside from being unpleasant it can be dangerous. I echo rockdoc's recommendation for the Las Palmeras in San Isidro. Excellent value for the money. No pool there but believe me, you won't be wanting to swim in August---weather will be cool and cloudy.

Around the corner from Las Palmeras, on Av. 2 de Mayo, is the Antica Pizzeria. Excellent pizza and Italian food and very kid friendly. Ask the hotel staff to point it out---there's no sign out front.
Old May 2, 2007, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your suggestions ^
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Any updates on hotel options close to LIM? I have a 12 hour layover there in January and don't want to waste time going to and from the Marriott.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by repcool
Any updates on hotel options close to LIM? I have a 12 hour layover there in January and don't want to waste time going to and from the Marriott.
The Costa Del Sol hotel is adjacent to the LIM airport terminal. http://www.costadelsolperu.com/

Other than that, I second the recommendation to stay in Miraflores. Cabs in Lima are unmetered, so rates vary, but I paid between 60 and 70 soles each way (USD $20-25) to get to and from the airport recently.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by wahooflyer
The Costa Del Sol hotel is adjacent to the LIM airport terminal. http://www.costadelsolperu.com/

Other than that, I second the recommendation to stay in Miraflores. Cabs in Lima are unmetered, so rates vary, but I paid between 60 and 70 soles each way (USD $20-25) to get to and from the airport recently.

Thanks.

How long a taxi ride is that? The money isn't the issue but I thought it was about 45 minutes. I get in at midnight and leave at 8:30 so I don't have any interest in wasting time in a cab when I could be in a bed! I found a nice bed on AirBnB that I will probably go for just next to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.