Wiki Posts
Search

Recommend Private Tour to Machu Picchu?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Recommend Private Tour to Machu Picchu?

We are disembarking from a cruise in Valpariso/Santiago, and would like to spend some time at Machu Picchu.

We are seeking a private tour experience that would obviate the need to think about anything. So, we are looking for an organization who would pick us up from the boat (or in Lima), safely get us to where we want to go, and do it in style.

Do any of you have recommendations for a tour operator?

Many thanks in advance!
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:37 am

Location: Dorset, United Kingdom. Frequently at higher altitudes.
Programs: BAEC Gold and a few others
Hi 747FC, I've just dropped you a note. This is exactly what we do. Here's a little more info and a sample programme (which will of course be completely tailored for your group): https://www.monixadventures.com/peru-inca-adventure
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrAndMrsJones
Hi 747FC, I've just dropped you a note. This is exactly what we do. Here's a little more info and a sample programme (which will of course be completely tailored for your group): https://www.monixadventures.com/peru-inca-adventure
Thanks. We just decided to not combine our adventures. MP will have to wait for another time.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Since our tour in Lima with Aaron Leyton in 2014, I have done a lot of thinking about what constitutes a great tour because this was a very good one. First, it was a small group, compared with one of those big bus tours of a city. Second, it was highly individualized and tailored to the interests and needs of our particular group of four people. This requires the tour guide to be very flexible. Last, and most important, we not only saw the cultural differences between our own two countries and Peru , but actually experienced them as well.

Let me give several examples of what I mean and explain why Aaron’s all day of Lima tour was one of the best tours I have ever taken – anywhere. Aaron knew that I have mobility problems and walking even short distances is very difficult for me. On his own initiative, he brought a wheelchair in his van for me and his brother came along to push it for me. I was able to get around so much better and faster this way. Second, the highlight of the tour was when he brought us back to his house and his mother prepared a wonderful home-cooked meal for us. While she cooked, Aaron showed us how to prepare the perfect pisco sour and then we all enjoyed a glass. But, back to the meal. This was an authentic Peruvian meal and every dish was beyond delicious. How many tourists to a foreign country get to do something like this? Not many, in my estimation. This was far better than eating in a local restaurant. It was the best way to experience, and not just observe, the cultural differences between our two countries and to really appreciate them.

Oh, one more thing. Aaron was able to meet us at the gate at the cruise ship port in Callao and return us there when finished.

Should you want to contact Aaron about a future tour in Lima or elsewhere in Peru, here is his contact information.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.tourguideperu.com

Phone: (+51) 997898502
Old May 29, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: AOPA
we used http://cuscotransport.com/.
They are amazing. From pick up from cusco airport and tour of the valley request Malka if you can. We had some issues with alt sickness, she handle the situation perfectly.
$60 for cusco airport to Urubamba transfer tour with van is 250 ish/day.
Old May 29, 2017, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Orlando Vic
Since our tour in Lima with Aaron Leyton in 2014, I have done a lot of thinking about what constitutes a great tour because this was a very good one. First, it was a small group, compared with one of those big bus tours of a city. Second, it was highly individualized and tailored to the interests and needs of our particular group of four people. This requires the tour guide to be very flexible. Last, and most important, we not only saw the cultural differences between our own two countries and Peru , but actually experienced them as well.

Let me give several examples of what I mean and explain why Aaron’s all day of Lima tour was one of the best tours I have ever taken – anywhere. Aaron knew that I have mobility problems and walking even short distances is very difficult for me. On his own initiative, he brought a wheelchair in his van for me and his brother came along to push it for me. I was able to get around so much better and faster this way. Second, the highlight of the tour was when he brought us back to his house and his mother prepared a wonderful home-cooked meal for us. While she cooked, Aaron showed us how to prepare the perfect pisco sour and then we all enjoyed a glass. But, back to the meal. This was an authentic Peruvian meal and every dish was beyond delicious. How many tourists to a foreign country get to do something like this? Not many, in my estimation. This was far better than eating in a local restaurant. It was the best way to experience, and not just observe, the cultural differences between our two countries and to really appreciate them.

Oh, one more thing. Aaron was able to meet us at the gate at the cruise ship port in Callao and return us there when finished.

Should you want to contact Aaron about a future tour in Lima or elsewhere in Peru, here is his contact information.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.tourguideperu.com

Phone: (+51) 997898502
Wow! What a great tour you had. Thanks for the detailed review!

Originally Posted by teddy25
we used http://cuscotransport.com/.
They are amazing. From pick up from cusco airport and tour of the valley request Malka if you can. We had some issues with alt sickness, she handle the situation perfectly.
$60 for cusco airport to Urubamba transfer tour with van is 250 ish/day.
Thank you for sharing this option. Great customer service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.