Wiki Posts
Search

International to Domestic connection at LIM on separate tickets

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
International to Domestic connection at LIM on separate tickets

I've got an award ticket on AA DFW-LIM arriving at LIM at 0629 and will be looking to buy a LIM-CUZ ticket that same day on LAN. I will be checking a bag. Since AA no longer interlines bags on separate tickets, how long should I leave between the flights?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Go for 5 hours. First, Dfw-Lim is rarely on time; second, you get the morning rush hour (LA from Jfk/Miami/Madrid/BsAs, AM from Mexico, etc); third the immigration queue, baggage wait, and scanners upon exit; and last, check-in and security for domestic flight. On the other hand, take an evening flight..leave your bag in the airport and go explore for the day.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:07 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by IncaTrails
On the other hand, take an evening flight..leave your bag in the airport and go explore for the day.
If you are coming to Peru between october and april, it's rainy season, and the chance of delayed flights (to Cusco) on evenings are bigger than in the morning. I'd buy a ticket for a flight between 11am and 2pm, or earlier but in your case the 5 hours gap is ok.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by IncaTrails
Go for 5 hours.
I am actually doing LAX-MEX-LIM and LIM-CUS in about 2 weeks.

My AM flight arrives into LIM at 7AM. I almost booked 10AM LATAM flight to CUS but for reasons I can't recall now, I booked 12PM flight. It somehow worked itself out, I guess.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:32 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by daKav
I am actually doing LAX-MEX-LIM and LIM-CUS in about 2 weeks.

My AM flight arrives into LIM at 7AM. I almost booked 10AM LATAM flight to CUS but for reasons I can't recall now, I booked 12PM flight. It somehow worked itself out, I guess.
3 hours could be enough, but risky. I think the 5 hours gap is the best decisión, when tickets and bookings are separate.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Villavic
3 hours could be enough, but risky. I think the 5 hours gap is the best decisión, when tickets and bookings are separate.
This, especially considering that you're not protected against IRROPS in case they happen, and you need to drop bags ~1h before your actual flight.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:10 pm

yeah, plus LIM has priority pass lounges which has showers, apparently.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:50 pm

yeah, plus LIM has priority pass lounges which has showers, apparently.
We do. I'm 100% sure we have them on the int'l side, not sure on the local side.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 9:31 pm

PP site lists Caral VIP Lounge in the domestic terminal.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:34 pm

PP site lists Caral VIP Lounge in the domestic terminal.
I meant the showers. I've never tried using showers on the Caral lounge.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Arrive 3:20pm INT, depart 6pm DOM...

Uh-oh, maybe I should have read this thread before getting my tickets!

Arriving via COPA at LIM 3:20pm. Departing via Peruvian Air, 6pm, for IQT. I've never had issues with a connection like this elsewhere (I travel a fair amount internationally) but this thread makes it sound like things could be dicey.

Two years ago, my daughter and I flew into LIM and were processed and "out the door" very quickly. That's why I figured it shouldn't be a big deal. Have things changed?

And then there's the issue w/regards Peruvian Air horror stories. Are they really that bad? I suppose a lengthy flight delay could work in our favor in this case. :-)

Thanks-
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
And then there's the issue w/regards Peruvian Air horror stories. Are they really that bad? I suppose a lengthy flight delay could work in our favor in this case. :-)
I can't speak for their service. But I had a tough time with their reservation process. I booked tickets, cc was charged(on hold), no email confirmation, calls didn't connect, emails just said call the previous number. This went on for 2 days. I booked on LATAM and 3 days after they first charged my card, it went through and got the PNR etc.. Again, calls weren't connecting and emails not answered. I disputed it through Chase and got refunded. Still no word from Peruvian Airlines regarding cancelled ticket. I did not bother looking it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.