Machu Picchu in 5 days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Machu Picchu in 5 days?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I have found that the ubiquitous coca tea really does help with the altitude. No need for chemicals.
Coca tea contains chemicals!
Old Apr 22, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by ajandraschell
Thank you so much for the info. We were actually in the Philippines for a couple of weeks for business and pleasure. Just got back into the routine. Ok, so is a travel agency recommended at either Cusco or Lake Titicaca area? I finally booked LIM-CUZ, so we are good, but my wife and I are looking to stay at the closest SPG hotel to MP which is in Urubamba. This is considered a part of the sacred valley right? We wanted to relax and acclimate over there for two days. We also wanted to hike to MP which can be done in either 1 day, 3 day, or 7 day set treks. We were debating between 1 or 3 days, but where do I find the price points for these? Should we just book through the hotel or is there a direct government website? Is it cheaper to buy in person and in S/.? My buddy just got back last week. His wife is Peruvian and they visited her family from there, but when the vendors found out that they were tourists, they gouged them for everything they had! I don't want to be them!!! haha
So, Lake Titicaca we would still love to see, but MP is priority. We want to be back in LIM by 5/11 in the afternoon, so we technically have 5/4-part of 5/11 (7 days) to play with for MP and/or LT. Thoughts?
If you have already booked LIM-CUZ, then I suggest you stick to the route and go to MP.

For booking the Inca Trail journey, I've found www.camino-inca.com, which is a site that has been referenced on an Spanish newspaper, so it should be trustworthy. I'm not 100% sure that you can buy it while there, and you also risk the chance that there's no room for more people on the journey. Apparently they charge you $580 per person and you can book online. You pay a part when booking and then the rest in cash in their Cusco offices or with Visa/PayPal with an 8% fee. Might be worth taking a look there if that's the price you were expecting. I don't think there's a government website that allows you to buy the Trail journey.

For SPG properties, I know there's one in the sacred valley. It's the only SPG property in Cusco. Now, if you are going to take the Inca Trail, you are going to spend at least one night out, if not two or three. So you may want to consider that when making your reservation.

I don't personally know any agencies around since I've never had the need to book a tour, but if anyone in the forum knows any agencies and have dealt with them in the past, let us know!

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.