Wiki Posts
Search

Best fares KUL-LIM Peru

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM, Enrich MAS, Emirates Skywards
Smile Best fares KUL-LIM Peru

Hey! Interested to fly from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia to Lima in Dec 2015. What are best fare routes? Via USA not good cos transit visa not worth the hassle. Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT
https://www.google.com/flights/#search;f=KUL;t=LIM
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks. But options aren't very good. Other search engines better. I find that booking two legs (KUL -AMS) and (AMS-LIM) cheaper than one! Prob due to lack of volume of direct traffic. Will continue searching. Not many gems tho
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
I can think of three ways to skin the cat without going through the US:

1) Via Europe, as you note. In my experience KL offers good fares so you probably won't do much better than you have already. IB flies direct MAD-LIM and their fares are often good, although I doubt they fly KUL-MAD direct so you'd be looking at an extra leg if you choose to fly OneWorld (probably via LHR).

2) Via Dubai on EK, which runs a flight to GRU from DBX. Probably expensive and then you need to get from GRU to LIM.

3) There are direct flights SYD-SCL and AKL-SCL and from SCL to LIM there are several flights daily. Generally though, it's expensive to fly between SYD/AKL and SCL.

So, my bet is you already found your best alternative, on KL via AMS.

Did you try vayama.com?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
HI,
KL will indeed be the only european airline flying KUL-LIM in two legs, since AF is dropping KUL later this year. You might find other options with two connections, but any Europe-Peru flight will be either on AF/KL or IB - so it's not that likely you'll find better fares.

A quick search on kayak gives me a BA/IB option as the "cheapest" (not-too-busy route + christmas period will probably mean an expensive ticket): https://www.kayak.fr/flights/KUL-LIM...12-25-flexible
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Gr8. Thanks. Yeah only BA and KLM are good bets. US airlines cheaper but visa hassles. Will book two legs separately as seems to result in at least USD100 cheaper.

Air France just started flying to KUL and strange to give up so fast. The Middle East carriers really push out other carriers.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:06 am

Hi,
I am in SG and booked SIN-MAD via Qatar and MAD-MIA-LIMA-CUSCO via AA. Cost me less than SGD2,000.
You could do something similar and do MAD-LIMA-CUSCO directly, I think it can cost as little as USD1,000, depending on whether there are sales etc.

Try checking KLM again as I recently receiving an EDM from them advertising sales to Lima for about SG$2,500.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 11:11 am
Original Poster

thanks. KLM at SGD2500 is more expensive than strangely AirFrance (Same flights haha) and much more than British Airways (but 2 stops).

Transit via USA is such a hassle due to visas, not worth my trouble :P and anyway, the visa will negate savings.

Will continue checking the two separate legs methods. But Lima isnt the heaviest traffic route and hence logically carriers dont discount.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:38 pm

You could also do KUL-NRT-MEX-LIM if you could find the right timing and price. Probably won't be one ticket either.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Gr8 thanks. Did many combinations and found out Air France typically undersells KLM. So buy choosing majority of flights via AF (with one extra transit) I can get much cheaper, almost 10% off. USD1350 return. Not perfect but ok, can settle for this price instead much higher. Manchu Piccu it is! 😁
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:05 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by L Lam
Manchu Piccu it is! 😁
^^ Enjoy !
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks. So looking fwd to this. Been 5 years since I popped by Brazil n it was fab. Something about South America. A kinda longing
Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by L Lam
Thanks. So looking fwd to this. Been 5 years since I popped by Brazil n it was fab. Something about South America. A kinda longing
Enjoy your trip! Now I know AF sells it cheaper.... may check there next time!
Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Go for it. AF flies to Spore, easier for you. Loved Peru. Was trip of lifetime, well worth journey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.