Wiki Posts
Search

Recommended Day Tour of the Sacred Valley Peru

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2010, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL
Recommended Day Tour of the Sacred Valley Peru

I have a full extra day in Cuzco and was wondering if anyone can recommend a tour/tour company that offers a day tour of the Sacred Valley..Would like to see Pisac, Moray, Chinchero etc.

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
You could check with Lima Tours or Condor Travel.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA/AA
My recommendation is to wait until you're in Cuzco to arrange a tour.

There is no advantage in booking this in advance. I would estimate that every fourth shop in the old town of Cuzco is a tour agency. There you can compare itineraries, costs, and meet a guide that your comfortable with.

If you can arrange your schedule to be in Pisac on a Sunday, the weekly local market is definitely worth a visit.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jaymar01
My recommendation is to wait until you're in Cuzco to arrange a tour.

There is no advantage in booking this in advance. I would estimate that every fourth shop in the old town of Cuzco is a tour agency. There you can compare itineraries, costs, and meet a guide that your comfortable with.

If you can arrange your schedule to be in Pisac on a Sunday, the weekly local market is definitely worth a visit.
Jaymar question...I am getting into Cuzco on Saturday night coming back from Machu Pichu and should be in Cuzco at 8pm or so...Would I be able to book a tour that night or would I have to get up super early to catch one on Sunday? I hear what you are saying but I don't want to miss the chance to see the rest of the Valley and this is my only day open.

Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by remphish1
Jaymar question...I am getting into Cuzco on Saturday night coming back from Machu Pichu and should be in Cuzco at 8pm or so...Would I be able to book a tour that night or would I have to get up super early to catch one on Sunday? I hear what you are saying but I don't want to miss the chance to see the rest of the Valley and this is my only day open.

Thanks!
If you're committed to a tour, I would try to book before traveling to MP. I suspect that it might be risky to find a tour on the morning of your one open day.

Have you considered visiting the valley on your own? Taxis are plentiful and dirt cheap in Cuzco. Additionally, if you decide to visit the Sunday market in Pisac (it's a big market, and one of the highlights of my trip), you can see it on your own timetable. Pisac is only about 45 minutes (maximum) from Cuzco by bus or taxi. You can travel there...visit the market and the ruins above the city, and easily taxi to any of the other sites in the valley.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jaymar01
If you're committed to a tour, I would try to book before traveling to MP. I suspect that it might be risky to find a tour on the morning of your one open day.

Have you considered visiting the valley on your own? Taxis are plentiful and dirt cheap in Cuzco. Additionally, if you decide to visit the Sunday market in Pisac (it's a big market, and one of the highlights of my trip), you can see it on your own timetable. Pisac is only about 45 minutes (maximum) from Cuzco by bus or taxi. You can travel there...visit the market and the ruins above the city, and easily taxi to any of the other sites in the valley.
Maybe I will just do a taxi? I guess I will play it by ear unless I see a tour that catches my eye before I leave...

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.