Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: VS AU, AS 75K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
I like Wally Park Premier. Granted it is a big loop to get to the terminal but I will take that any day for the quick ride back upon return. I am an "very early-arriver" (its genetic- my parents are not happy unless they are sitting at the gate sipping coffee two hours prior to boarding) so the time for the ride to the terminal hasn't been an issue yet.

Work pays for it so we just go with the valet service. We do offset some of that cost with our Triple A membership. While we do belong to their frequent parkers club I haven't cashed in or even thought about its value yet.

A big personal plus is that we live south of SEA so it is an easy escape to I-5 and home as well.

One negative note- we like to get our car washed while we are winging our way home (they have combined with Elephant Wash). Once I picked their expensive detail service and they returned our mats soaking wet. Something happened that I can only describe as the mats "curdling" and they REAKED. It was awful. To give them credit I talked to the manager on my next trip a few days later. They did something to them that significantly reduced the odor but it took awhile to return to normal.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:55 pm

M Park vs ShuttlePark2

Has anyone tried the MasterPark self park lot called MPark? http://www.mparkseatac.com/

They have a promo rate of $7.49 per day right now, and they don't do any weekly rates - everything is strictly daily. How does it compare to ShuttlePark2 which seems to get pretty good comments in this thread. ShuttlePark2 had a web special putting the weekly rate at $50.25 plus taxes.

I will be out for more than 5 but less than 6 (24 hour) days, and will be returning on a Friday evening. I am probably most concerned about secure lot, pickup and drop-off at car, and fast to-and-from airport shuttle. Are there any other self-park lots that are worth looking at? I used to ride Shuttle Express, but I am tired of waiting for the van for 45 minutes after I get OUT of baggage claim when I already have a reservation.

Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by xenvar
Has anyone tried the MasterPark self park lot called MPark? http://www.mparkseatac.com/
I used it last week. It is similar to Shuttlepark2, but there is no attendant at the gate and no water on the Shuttle. The shuttles were fairly fast. If the rate stays down I will use it again.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:14 am

Thanks; I was leaning towards ShuttlePark2 since they have a track record here, but your response and the fact that it is a right instead of a left off HWY 99 when coming from 405 is giving MPark an edge. Neither have a garage, right? They are both lots?

Originally Posted by IK in Seattle
I used it last week. It is similar to Shuttlepark2, but there is no attendant at the gate and no water on the Shuttle. The shuttles were fairly fast. If the rate stays down I will use it again.

Last edited by xenvar; Feb 16, 2012 at 1:18 pm
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by xenvar
Thanks; I was leaning towards ShuttlePark2 since they have a track record here, but your response and the fact that it is a right instead of a left off HWY 99 when coming from 405 is giving MPark an edge. Neither have a garage, right? They are both lots?
They are both lots. The only garage I know of is Masterpark G, and it normally runs around $15 a day.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by IK in Seattle
They are both lots. The only garage I know of is Masterpark G, and it normally runs around $15 a day.
WallyPark also opened its Premier Garage last year, on 99 just south of the entrance to SeaTac before you reach 188th. It's about $13-15/day, less if you have AAA (25% discount).

I've used it and liked it, but it can't compete on cost with ShuttlePark2.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 6:33 pm

Just posting an update on Mpark. I used them a few weeks back where I parked the car, and DH returned before I did and picked up. Everything went well, shuttle was waiting, driver was friendly and fast drive to the airport. Hubby got a little turned around trying to find the freeway after leaving the lot, but he was quite pleased with the return time and well lit lot as well. Driver told me that there is always a person at the lot because one van always has to wait at the lot until another returns. I will use them again.
Old May 8, 2012, 9:58 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Can anyone comment the size of the parking spaces at the more popular lots/garages? A relative just bought a full size SUV & would hate to get dinged if the spaces are tight. TIA.

LAX
Old May 14, 2012, 12:08 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by LAX
Can anyone comment the size of the parking spaces at the more popular lots/garages? A relative just bought a full size SUV & would hate to get dinged if the spaces are tight. TIA.

LAX
IIRC, the new WallyPark facility has hanging fabric/canvas/tarp "spacers" between the spots to protect doors
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Shuttlepark2 just lowered its coupon rate from $9.53 to $8.99 per day.

http://www.shuttlepark2.com/coupons.html

They also have a frequent parker program.

I used Doug Fox a bunch earlier this year. Their shuttles seem a bit quicker but the drop off can take a while if you are parked in the back of the lot. Doug Fox is also about $3 more per day. So I'm back to using SP2.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 12:08 am

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Has anyone used AEROPARK before?

They advertise as the cheapest airport parking facility

http://www.aeroparking.ca/

At 6.95, it certainly looks to have everyone else beat, at the expense of having a further out location. Would love to hear any first hand experiences though.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by teriyaki
Has anyone used AEROPARK before?

They advertise as the cheapest airport parking facility

http://www.aeroparking.ca/

At 6.95, it certainly looks to have everyone else beat, at the expense of having a further out location. Would love to hear any first hand experiences though.
There is one Yelp review and it was not good.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/aeroparking-park-and-fly-seatac
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:42 am

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Originally Posted by Jeeves
There is one Yelp review and it was not good.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/aeroparking-park-and-fly-seatac
Thanks. Guess we'll strike that one off the list.

On a related topic, has anyone tried the stay and park packages at the sea-tac hotels? Some of them offer 3/7/14 day parking packages that really don't cost too much more than the parking itself.

Since we have a flight at 6AM, heading down the night before and staying the night and not worrying about the car sounds great.

Downside is, they probably don't have any on-site security for their parking lots.

Thoughts?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by teriyaki
Thanks. Guess we'll strike that one off the list.

On a related topic, has anyone tried the stay and park packages at the sea-tac hotels? Some of them offer 3/7/14 day parking packages that really don't cost too much more than the parking itself.

Since we have a flight at 6AM, heading down the night before and staying the night and not worrying about the car sounds great.

Downside is, they probably don't have any on-site security for their parking lots.

Thoughts?
Since you are coming down from Vancouver come down the night before.

Not sure how long you are traveling for because some hotels allow longer park and flys than others.

In terms of parking lots one option is a Thriftyparking at SEATC which is on international across the street from a Days Inn, next to a Super 8, and kitty corner from another hotel (i think La Quinta ??).

The days inn and Super 8 are owned by the same person so you can do park and fly's from there (I think up to 7 days---any more you need to pay extra per day for)

There is a comfort inn that also does the 7/10 day park and fly The rate for this is around $129 (unless some deal comes up).

Given your early flight you need to come down to SEATAC anyway and stay the night. The min of hotel rate you could find may be below $100 for seatac hotels. The cheapest I have found is with the Days Inn or Super 8 at around $60/night at the AAA rate.

The hotels only have a limited number of these rates. You usually need to call the hotel and see if its available when you travel.

The other issue with that one lot you were talking about...I think that is all automated/electronic and its just open so its a promo rate.

In your situation id rather just stay at a hotel and take the airport shuttle in the morning. Many of them operate 24/7. If your flight is at 6am you can take the 4:30 shuttle and you should be fine unless its an international flight.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:20 pm

I was disappointed to find out that my go to place Shuttlepark2 doesn't have any current coupons available. Their website says they are between web specials right now. It's not the end of the world but they want $12.70/day + the usual fees. Any other suggestions?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.