Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Passes/Permits for Washington State & Oregon State parks

Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold

I read somewhere that a pass (or permit) is needed for visiting Washington State parks. I plan to be in Palouse, WA to visit the Steptoe Butte, Kamiak Butte and Palouse Water Falls and perhaps others. I've checked out the official web site, but still have questions:

1. Possible to obtain 1 pass for all parks for a duration of 3 days? Or is it better to just buy a day pass per day?

2. Is Kamiak Butte Park a Community Park (said so on goo map). However, also read it elsewhere that it is a State Park, confused

Similar questions for the State of Oregon. Will be combing all over the State. What passes are required?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

PS: I already have a NP pass.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:30 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by allset2travel
I read somewhere that a pass (or permit) is needed for visiting Washington State parks. I plan to be in Palouse, WA to visit the Steptoe Butte, Kamiak Butte and Palouse Water Falls and perhaps others. I've checked out the official web site, but still have questions:

1. Possible to obtain 1 pass for all parks for a duration of 3 days? Or is it better to just buy a day pass per day?

2. Is Kamiak Butte Park a Community Park (said so on goo map). However, also read it elsewhere that it is a State Park, confused

Similar questions for the State of Oregon. Will be combing all over the State. What passes are required?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

PS: I already have a NP pass.
Kamiak Butte is a county park that doesn't have an admission charge; you'd pay to camp or to reserve one of the picnic shelters.

The state pass is either one-day ($11) or for a year ($33.)

The last times I was at Steptoe Butte there was nobody in sight to enforce the pass rule. Just sayin'. Palouse Falls is another story; the falls are getting more popular and are obviously higher on the State's radar.

Not all Oregon parks require a fee. Look here for details - https://store.oregonstateparks.org/
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much for the info.

For WA, $11 per day is per person or per vehicle (car)?

The Oregon link is helpful. Thanks again!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:05 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Thank you very much for the info.

For WA, $11 per day is per person or per vehicle (car)?

The Oregon link is helpful. Thanks again!
Per car.
Old May 1, 2017, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.