Wiki Posts
Search

Best Priority Pass Lounge in Seattle?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
If you have a Delta BP, as far as I recall.
Yes, you must have a DL flight and guests are $29.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Plat 1K (*G)
I wanted to tell you how awesome/not awesome the Club at SEA is, but they don't open until 9:30 a.m.... which is a HUGE mistake for a west coast airport. I'm taking an 8:30 a.m. flight, which is the "late" flight. #irritated
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by texasbrian
I wanted to tell you how awesome/not awesome the Club at SEA is, but they don't open until 9:30 a.m.... which is a HUGE mistake for a west coast airport. I'm taking an 8:30 a.m. flight, which is the "late" flight. #irritated
Suggest you tell PriorityPass. unfortunately you can't go to the AS lounges instead and make PP pay AS money for your visit since most likely the AS lounges won't let PP members in during those hours.

But there is some talk about The Club lounges expanding their hours soon.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28180661-post613.html
Old May 12, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
I went to The Club on Monday and was told at checkin there was a "problem with the kitchen" so there was no food and no bar service (unclear why they couldn't have bar service...) and to top it off the coffee maker had an "out of order" sign on it. However, they were happy to let me in to "relax".

It definitely wasn't busy (can't imagine why ). I stayed a little while to read a newspaper and then headed for the Alaska lounge. I mean, is there really a comparison here? The Club was so disappointing and I think even if they had been serving food I would have liked the Alaska lounge better. It was moderately busy but they had the amenities one would expect at a lounge.

Whatever PP is paying The Club on a per-visit basis they are getting ripped off big time. I couldn't believe they couldn't even take the initiative to procure a carafe of coffee from somewhere in the airport to put out on the empty bar.
Old May 14, 2017, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by wetrat0
I went to The Club on Monday and was told at checkin there was a "problem with the kitchen" so there was no food and no bar service (unclear why they couldn't have bar service...) and to top it off the coffee maker had an "out of order" sign on it. However, they were happy to let me in to "relax".

It definitely wasn't busy (can't imagine why ). I stayed a little while to read a newspaper and then headed for the Alaska lounge. I mean, is there really a comparison here? The Club was so disappointing and I think even if they had been serving food I would have liked the Alaska lounge better. It was moderately busy but they had the amenities one would expect at a lounge.

Whatever PP is paying The Club on a per-visit basis they are getting ripped off big time. I couldn't believe they couldn't even take the initiative to procure a carafe of coffee from somewhere in the airport to put out on the empty bar.
The differences in opinion in this thread are quite interesting. Having been to the AS boardroom in D and both "The Clubs," I definitely appreciate the Clubs more. The AS lounge was nice and the pancake machines are fun, but the latter two had at least one complementary hot dish (soup) and free bubbly. The bubbly isn't amazing by all means, but it was nice to have the option.

Edit: Although if the clubs were having problems as in the quoted post, then yes AS all the way. The hours for the Clubs are also insufficient
Old May 17, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by eeflyer
The hours for the Clubs are also insufficient
Did you see that the A Club recently expanded its hours, supposedly in response to the PP changes at the AS clubs?

http://www.theclubairportlounges.com/club-SEA.html
Old May 17, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Did you see that the A Club recently expanded its hours, supposedly in response to the PP changes at the AS clubs?

http://www.theclubairportlounges.com/club-SEA.html
No I had not seen that, thanks for sharing Those hours do indeed help a lot. My main issue was with how late it opened, 9am previously if I remember correctly. I'm glad that that the hours have been improved. I would also guess that this is in response to the restricted AS access since they are owned by the same parent company as PP.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by eeflyer
The differences in opinion in this thread are quite interesting. Having been to the AS boardroom in D and both "The Clubs," I definitely appreciate the Clubs more. The AS lounge was nice and the pancake machines are fun, but the latter two had at least one complementary hot dish (soup) and free bubbly. The bubbly isn't amazing by all means, but it was nice to have the option.

Edit: Although if the clubs were having problems as in the quoted post, then yes AS all the way. The hours for the Clubs are also insufficient
Yeah, this was my first time at either and obviously colored by the unavailability of, well everything except chips and soda. The space itself in the A Club is quite nice, with views of the train and the mountains. If there had been soup and bubbly I may have felt differently... even so, the Alaska lounge had soup plus a salad bar and they had beer and cider on tap, which I thought was nice.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:35 am

Trying to figure out what if any lounge it makes sense to visit - looks like my VX flight is out of terminal D. Wanted to try the Centurion but that looks like a serious hike. The Alaska site seems to list a boardroom in terminal D, but the terminal map doesn't show one...
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Hyatt
Going to be going through SEA a couple of times next months and had a couple of questions.

1. I see the Club lounges show day pass purchase on the website. Is it possible to get a day pass at the door? Or would you recommend doing it in advance?

2. Wanted to judge the risks of getting shut tout do to crowding. Is that common at the Club lounges? Time frames I'm looking at are 1-3pm and 7-10pm

Thanks
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pesos
Trying to figure out what if any lounge it makes sense to visit - looks like my VX flight is out of terminal D. Wanted to try the Centurion but that looks like a serious hike. The Alaska site seems to list a boardroom in terminal D, but the terminal map doesn't show one...
It's just before the D1 gate, if you get to D2, you've gone way too far.

Check out the thread on the Alaska board about Priority Pass users being denied access during busy times - which are quite often.

The walk to the Centurion lounge isn't really that far, and if you go through security in the middle of the terminal instead of close to the D gates, the walk TO the lounge won't be very far.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:37 am

PriorityPass just added a new Vietnamese restaurant at the North Terminal. I stopped by the other day. It wasn't bad. A solid option for a restaurant. I reviewed it in case you guys are curious.

https://firstofly.com/2019/09/11/pri...at-seatac-sea/
Old Sep 26, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Latest wisdom here? I'm an Amex plat holder flying AS, so my choices are the Club or the Centurion. Granted, I have 3 hours so I could probably visit both.
EDIT: I also have Admiral's Club access so that should get me into the Board Room?

Last edited by rdurlabhji; Sep 26, 2019 at 11:31 am
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Latest wisdom here? I'm an Amex plat holder flying AS, so my choices are the Club or the Centurion. Granted, I have 3 hours so I could probably visit both.
EDIT: I also have Admiral's Club access so that should get me into the Board Room?
Centurion is pretty much the no-brainer choice vs. any other SEA lounge, especially the Club at SEA (A or S), which is incredibly mediocre. If you want someplace convenient to an AS gate for the last hour or so, go eat and relax in Centurion, move to whatever AS lounge is near your gate (C, D or N). The Alaska Lounges (no longer Board Rooms) are more OK than the Clubs at SEA, but still pretty marginal (pretty sure they serve paint thinner as the well gin, stick to the beer and wine unless you want to pay for any decent boozohol).
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Centurion is pretty much the no-brainer choice vs. any other SEA lounge, especially the Club at SEA (A or S), which is incredibly mediocre. If you want someplace convenient to an AS gate for the last hour or so, go eat and relax in Centurion, move to whatever AS lounge is near your gate (C, D or N). The Alaska Lounges (no longer Board Rooms) are more OK than the Clubs at SEA, but still pretty marginal (pretty sure they serve paint thinner as the well gin, stick to the beer and wine unless you want to pay for any decent boozohol).
When I was there the Centurion had a wait so I went to the Alaska lounge nearest my gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.