Search

Surinam Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Surinam Airlines

Hello,

Does anyone have some experiences with Surinam Airlines. Cannot find anything on them.

Especially how the seating is. A friend of mine wants to book them, but he is afraid he is too big. ( 1 meter 95). There is a difference of 400 Euro per person between Surinam Airlines and KLM when he wants to fly.

Thanks

PS.: Mods if you need to move the thread, feel free.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Mods probably should move the thread to the Other North and South American Airlines forum. Suriname isn't in Asia!
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:31 pm

Any experiences? I've got work in Surinam(e), Guyana and French Guiana coming up. Surinam Airlines schedule better than Caribbean Air for my needs.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by mgo72
Hello,

Does anyone have some experiences with Surinam Airlines. Cannot find anything on them.

Especially how the seating is. A friend of mine wants to book them, but he is afraid he is too big. ( 1 meter 95). There is a difference of 400 Euro per person between Surinam Airlines and KLM when he wants to fly.

Thanks

PS.: Mods if you need to move the thread, feel free.
mgo72, Surinam Airways (not Surinam Airlines) flies an Airbus A340-300 between Suriname and the Netherlands.
They are cheaper than KLM but the interior of their aircraft is very basic in economy (their business class seat is of the angled lie-flat type).
Their in-flight entertainment consists of just overhead monitors (seats do not have a personal screen).
If you want to be one of the first to deplane you can purchase a seat in the comfort zone (for a very small fee). They do not contain more legroom however.
If you want more legroom you can purchase a bulkhead/exit row seat for a small fee (a lot less than KLM) as well.

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Any experiences? I've got work in Surinam(e), Guyana and French Guiana coming up. Surinam Airlines schedule better than Caribbean Air for my needs.
365RoadWarrior, Surinam Airways (not Surinam Airlines) is an OK airline.
They fly a 737-300 between the USA/Caribbean/South America. Their interiors are not the newest and do not have any in-flight entertainment at all (Caribbean Airlines have overhead monitors).
You get 1 piece of luggage for free (you pay for your 1st piece of luggage at Caribbean Airlines).
You also get a warm meal (if your flight is longer than 2 hours and depending on the time of day). If your flight is longer than an hour but less than two hours you get a sandwich.
Their schedule is better than Caribbean Airlines and you save about an hour to two if you fly from Suriname to the US and vice versa compared to Caribbean Airlines.
Flights on Caribbean Airlines depart Suriname around 5:30AM which means you have to leave the city around 2:30AM (it's about a 50 minute ride from the city to the airport).
If you fly from Suriname to Miami through Aruba you clear US customs in Aruba.

Hope this helps.
If anyone has any additional questions please feel free to ask me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.