FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other North and South American Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-north-south-american-airlines-472/)
-   -   Any lounges in Asunción - Paraguay? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-north-south-american-airlines/856727-any-lounges-asuncion-paraguay.html)

Alf Aug 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Any lounges in Asunción - Paraguay?

I'm travelling Business Class with TAM from Asunción to Buenos Aires in the first October week 2008.

Additionally to my C class ticket I'm a Priority Pass holder.

However I couldn't find out anything about Paraguayan lounges neither on the TAM website, by executing a Google search nor here in the forum.
Also Priority Pass doesn't seem to have any lounge countracts in Paraguay.

Is anybody aware of Lounges at Asunción airport?

Matt340 Aug 20, 2008 9:41 pm

Yes, indeed there is a VIP Club/Lounge in ASU, Although I do not have any further information.

Alf Aug 21, 2008 1:03 am

Thanks Mavalenzu for this quick info.

Let's see if somebody else knows a bit more about it like who gets access to it and about opening hours.

My flight to Buenos Aires was rescheduled and now leaves at 5 AM. :mad:

But as I've heard different stories about the Check In procedures in Asunción I want to be there early.
So it would be nice to spent the remaining time in the loung insteading of "hanging around" with the crowd of people.

Best Ferret Aug 23, 2008 5:46 am

Yes, I've flown Business Class twice on TAM in the last 6 weeks from Asuncion to Sao Paulo. There is a TAM business class lounge, through the door of the duty free shop. However, it is pretty basic with uncomfortable seats and just snacks. It is an airless (window-less?) room. I was there both times at about 10 in the morning and it was unattended both times. If you have a short wait, then the better option is the snack bar you can see over to your left as you approach the duty free shop. It has much better seating, the service is good and the food is fine. I left the lounge on both occasions to sit there instead with a nice view over the runway.

Best Ferret Aug 23, 2008 5:50 am

I forgot: make sure you insist on Business Class checkin when you get to the airport. The desk is over to the left of the economy desk and usually unmanned unless you go and stand there and make it obvious you want service. The economy check -n is friendly but slow as hell.

Alf Aug 23, 2008 7:24 am

Hi Best Ferret,

thanks a lot for both information - regarding the Lounge and the Business Check In.
This should be sufficient for my journey.

Regards, Alf

GolfTravelr Sep 14, 2008 1:36 pm

As Best Ferret stated, the lounge is adjacent to the Duty Free store (note: tremendous bargins to be had). I, however, enjoy the lounge. Although it only has one window, it has comfortable seating, various snacks, television, periodicals and plenty of freee booze. Whenever I have passed through, it has never been attended and I have been the only one in there.....my own personal lounge.

Alf Sep 14, 2008 11:55 pm

Thanks GolfTravelr for your opinion.
My journey from Europe will start this Friday and I'll have a look myself when I leave Paraguay.
At least there seems to be an alternative if somebody doesn't like the lounge so much.
However a "personal lounge" doesn't sound so bad. Better than a crowd of childs running around and crying.
Nothing against children but sometimes I prefer some silence...

SkyTeam777 Feb 24, 2010 9:14 am

If the lounge is unattended, can you just walk in? What keeps people from wandering in there for drinks/snacks? I think this lounjge used to be part of Priority Pass, but I dont see it there any more. Anyone know if I will be able to wander in there and use it? ;) I have a four hour connection in ASU.

hardiwv Feb 25, 2010 2:58 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 13454458)
If the lounge is unattended, can you just walk in? What keeps people from wandering in there for drinks/snacks? I think this lounjge used to be part of Priority Pass, but I dont see it there any more. Anyone know if I will be able to wander in there and use it? ;) I have a four hour connection in ASU.

The lounges in ASU are handled by TAM, you need to fly TAM. The lounges are not left unattend and entrance is strickly for TAM flyers.

TAM now has 3 lounges in ASU -

Lounge B8: domestic boarding (outside immigration).

Lounge A: international boarding, first floor, near T3 and T4, next to duty free shop

Lounge B: international arrivals, lower floor, next to the duty free shop, between T3 and T4.

Rgs,

SkyTeam777 Feb 25, 2010 11:35 am

Do you know at least if there is free wifi in the airport there? I will be there for five hours!

SkyTeam777 Mar 30, 2012 9:52 pm

I will be flying TAM and am Star Gold (in Economy). I still get access to the lounge, right? Any free wifi anywhere in the ASU airport?

AA_EXP09 Mar 31, 2012 9:38 am

Originally Posted by GolfTravelr (Post 10367864)
As Best Ferret stated, the lounge is adjacent to the Duty Free store (note: tremendous bargins to be had). I, however, enjoy the lounge. Although it only has one window, it has comfortable seating, various snacks, television, periodicals and plenty of freee booze. Whenever I have passed through, it has never been attended and I have been the only one in there.....my own personal lounge.

Was there even a bartender?

ordogg Jun 2, 2012 6:20 pm

spent about an hour there 2 weeks ago before ASU-GRU flight. Very small, but nice. Small self serve bar selection, flat screen tv, seating for about 10-12, 2 desktops. I was actually pleasantly surprised. The lounge did not remain open for the 0109 COPA ASU-PTY flight though this past weekend, though.