Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

Bad experience booking Spirit through travelocity

Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:53 am
Original Poster

This is my first experience flying Spirit. I used travelocity to find the cheapest fares for MCO-St. Maarten(SMX I think). The fare was not cheap, over $500 pp but this was for our 25th wedding anniversary so I went ahead and booked it. Yesterday I went to their website and found out about all their extra fees. We want to check bags since it does not cost much more than a carry on bag and we would not have to worry about liquids, etc. I went to manage reservations and at first I could not even get in to my reservation. I called Spirit and they did something to fix it. I went back in and it wanted me to pay $33 for each segment (we have a connection in FLL). I called Travelocity and they were not much help. I called Spirit and got a very confusing answer. Travelocity told me to just pay for it at the airport. I expalined that it would cost more but he said he was sorry, that's all they could do. I went in again and this time it would not even let me edit the bags. I went to check in online and there was an option to pay for bags, but now they wanted $38 and were still trying to charge me for each segment plus when I got through there was another $20 fee with no explanantion! I am used to dealing with Allegiant and their sneaky fees but this beat them by a lot. I ended up paying for the first segment on each flight figuring they were not going to kick our bags off the plane plus the $20 fee, an extra $172. Maybe it's easier to book directly with Spirit. Next time I will avoid Travelocity.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.