2I / StarPeru / Star Peru Airlines

Subscribe
Do not recommend them. Flew last wek Lima to Cusco and the seat pitch must have been 28 inches. Today, went to their office in Cusco to try to get ticket refunded to rebook on Lan. They gave me the runaround saying it would take 1 to 2 weeks because the ticket would have to be returned to the issuing agency in Lima.

Also, they only have three flights every day from Cusco to Lima, Lan has about ten flights, more flexibility in case if flight is cancelled.

Friends booked this ticket for me and I paid with cash, so I am stuck. Lan and Star are actually the exact same price.
When flying in Peru stick with Lan if at all possible. However, I doubt anyone would refund money because you wern't happy with the seat pitch. Enjoy the rest of your visit.
Any experiences flying Star Peru?
I plan to have a family vacation in Peru this summer. LAN Peru offers flights for several routes we'd plan to take (LIM-AQP, AQP-JUL, JUL-CUZ) but I found Star Peru on the web that advertises flights on 737s for several of our prosepctive destinations for much less.

Has anyone flown on Star Peru, and, if so, how reliable was the service?

Thanks.

fz
STAR PERU frequent flyer?
Does Star Peru have a frequent flyer program? I couldn't find anything online. Do they partner with any US based airlines?
They have something called "Club Star". Not sure of the details. As far as I know this airline which is quite small, is not part of any alliance.
Quote: Does Star Peru have a frequent flyer program? I couldn't find anything online. Do they partner with any US based airlines?
I emailed Star Peru a few days ago about any FF program they may have. Today I received an email stating that they do not have a FF program at this time, but they hope to begin one soon. When that will be is anyone's guess. For more information one must keep checking their website.

Club Star seems to be some program to obtain special fares or something but it is NOT a FF program.
Star Perú just launched their "Star Pass" program which appears to be linked to the Taca/Avianca FF system.
StarPeru connection flight?
I am going to Peru in August, and am trying to find tickets for domestic flights.

My itinerary is as follows:
- Toronto > Lima
- Lima > Cuzco
- Cuzco > Puerto Maldanado
- Puerto Maldanado > Arequipa
- Arequipa > Lima
- Lima > Toronto

I am looking at flying COPA for the international portion, and considering StarPeru for domestic. The cheapest way seems to be booking them in round trips:
- Lima > Cuzco > Lima
- Cuzco > Puerto Maldanado > Cuzco
- Lima > Arequipa > Lima

This means when I go from Puerto Maldanado, I am using 1 leg fro each of those 3 trips. I have heard that the flight schedules are not very reliable in Peru, and am worried that I may miss the connections. Is there a way to book these as connection flights? Is the only way to book StarPeru through their website? (My travel agent said he would not book for me.)

I don't mind paying a bit more for a more reliable plan. But right now, the connecting flights are coming out to more than double the StarPeru price.

Thanks for any advice!

Margaret
Please provide your dates of travel and I'll see what I can come up with. Have you tried calling them to do a multi-destination ticket?
I am going this August. The tentative itinerary is:
- Aug 5 - DEP Toronto, ARR Lima
- Aug 6 - DEP Lima, ARR Cuzco (assuming we will arrive too late in Lima & have to stay overnight to connect to Cuzco)
- Aug 14 - DEP Cuzco, ARR Puerto Maldanado
- Aug 17 - DEP Puerto Maldanado, ARR Arequipa
- Aug 24 - DEP Arequipa, ARR Lima
- Aug 27 - DEP Lima, ARR Toronto

So I can call the US number to book flights? Maybe I will give them a try this weekend.
I'm sure they could price a multi-destination ticket for you. But I can already see that the flight from Cuzco to Puerto Maldonado won't work on the same day with Star Peru.

Lan's South America pass could help. Your itinerary prices to US$711.68 for all segments intra-Peru. To buy a S.A. Pass you must fly RT on a OneWorld airline (AA or LAN). If you have some flexibility in destinations and dates, you could save money by going to Arequipa first because the route will help you to avoid segments connecting in Lima each time:

Saturday 06 august 2011 12:10 Lima (LIM) 13:35 Arequipa (AQP)
Friday 12 august 2011 06:25 Arequipa (AQP) 08:40 Cuzco (CUZ)
Tuesday 23 august 2011 12:35 Cuzco (CUZ) 13:30 Puerto Maldonado (PEM)
Friday 26 august 2011 11:55 Puerto Maldonado (PEM) 15:00 Lima (LIM)
This one prices at US$571.68.

So knowing that your lowest fare with some flexibility could be $571.68, you can call Star Peru to see what they can do.

I hope Star Peru works for you. I flew them in December and thought they were just fine. (I like supporting the underdog)
Have you tried calling Star Peru (there is a US # - Florida based IIRC) for connecting flights? Their website won't support it, but in person they are very helpful. I booked a much less complicated itinerary LIM-CUZ-PEM then PEM-CUZ and finally CUZ-LIM for $250 in April.

The downside is they have fewer flights per day so if one is cancelled I may be SOL. That said the only thing I would be *extremely* upset about missing is my Inca Trail hike and that is purposely well cushioned by extra days doing "less important" things.
You can book multicity trips on Star Peru on despegar.com

FYI
Quote: Star Perú just launched their "Star Pass" program which appears to be linked to the Taca/Avianca FF system.
I just got an email from Star Peru and was told that they are planning to begin a new FF program soon. ALL current balances are safe. They sent me a form to fill out. I recommend that anyone with questions about the new program to write Star Peru.

Maybe the change is due to the AV/TA merger.
Had only good flights with them, and I would definitely like to enroll on their FF program.