Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This wikipost can be edited by members with 90 days' tenure and 90 posts; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner).

2I / Star Peru / Star Per / StarPer

StarPer / Star Per (2I / SRU), formerly Star Up, (Servicio de Transporte Areo Regional is the registered business name, hence "Star"), was formed in 1997 by CEO Valentin Kasyanov with an Antonov C-32, expanding to use other Antonov (C-32, C-24 and C-26) and a Boeing 737-200 at different times. They expanded from charter to today's scheduled and chartered services, serving several airports in Per.

Call centre: (511) 705-9000

Web: http://www.starperu.com/en/index.html

Offices:

Main office: Av. Com Andante Espinar 331, Miraflores

LIM Airport: Aeropuerto Internacional Jorge Chvez, 1er. Piso

Office Miraflores: Av.Jos Pardo 485 Miraflores

Others, see website.

Current fleet (May 2015) consists of:

Code:
Aircraft	Registration	Passengers	Notes
BAe 146-100	OB-1877-P	77	
BAe 146-100	OB-1879-P	78	
BAe 146-200	OB-1885-P	92	
BAe 146-200	OB-1930-P	92	
BAe 146-200	OB-1943-P	84	
BAe 146-200	OB-1948-P	86	
BAe 146-200	OB-1964-P	92	
BAe 146-200QT	OB-1978-P	0	Cargo
BAe 146-300	OB-1914-P	112	
BAe 146-300	OB-1923-P	112
Policies:

Hand luggage policy: Passengers can carry 1 piece of hand luggage, provided that it does not exceed 4kg / 8.8 lb in weight and is no more than 40cm x 35cm x 20cm (H-W-D)

checked baggage policy: The baggage allowance for each passenger is 25 kg, distributed between a maximum of 2 items of luggage for each passenger. Baggage items must not exceed the following dimensions: 75 cm high, 45 cm long, 35 cm wide, or 155 linear centimeters.

Excess baggage policy: Any baggage amount that exceeds the maximum baggage allowance permitted is considered baggage excess. It can be ultimately transported prior payment of USD$1.77 (sales tax incl.) per each extra kilo / 2.2 lb.

Customer service

Inquiries
  • If you have a question or inquiry related to our services, please contact us at [email protected]
  • If you wish to request estimates and/or change the ticket information, please contact us at: [email protected]
  • For information related to our cargo service, please contact us at: [email protected]
Complaints:

If you wish to file a complaint about our products or services, please use any of the following channels:
Please be aware that in order to provide a quick solution to your problem we need the following information:
  • Full name
  • Telephone number
  • Flight information
  • Details of the complaint
  • E-mail address
  • Booking code
*In case of inquiries related to Star Peru Cargo, please include the CPA number.

Special services: (Disabilities, etc.)

Frequent Flyer Program and Alliane:

StarPass - no information available, 2I web link does not work (Jun 2015)

Alliance: none

Wikipedia, StarPer and other public sources. Updated 17 June 2015.

Print Wikipost

2I / StarPeru / Star Peru Airlines

Old Jul 17, 2006, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

2I / StarPeru / Star Peru Airlines

Do not recommend them. Flew last wek Lima to Cusco and the seat pitch must have been 28 inches. Today, went to their office in Cusco to try to get ticket refunded to rebook on Lan. They gave me the runaround saying it would take 1 to 2 weeks because the ticket would have to be returned to the issuing agency in Lima.

Also, they only have three flights every day from Cusco to Lima, Lan has about ten flights, more flexibility in case if flight is cancelled.

Friends booked this ticket for me and I paid with cash, so I am stuck. Lan and Star are actually the exact same price.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
When flying in Peru stick with Lan if at all possible. However, I doubt anyone would refund money because you wern't happy with the seat pitch. Enjoy the rest of your visit.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Any experiences flying Star Peru?

I plan to have a family vacation in Peru this summer. LAN Peru offers flights for several routes we'd plan to take (LIM-AQP, AQP-JUL, JUL-CUZ) but I found Star Peru on the web that advertises flights on 737s for several of our prosepctive destinations for much less.

Has anyone flown on Star Peru, and, if so, how reliable was the service?

Thanks.

fz
Old Dec 18, 2009, 1:09 pm

Programs: marriott, USAir, JetBlue, Southwest, AA
STAR PERU frequent flyer?

Does Star Peru have a frequent flyer program? I couldn't find anything online. Do they partner with any US based airlines?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
They have something called "Club Star". Not sure of the details. As far as I know this airline which is quite small, is not part of any alliance.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by buena40
Does Star Peru have a frequent flyer program? I couldn't find anything online. Do they partner with any US based airlines?
I emailed Star Peru a few days ago about any FF program they may have. Today I received an email stating that they do not have a FF program at this time, but they hope to begin one soon. When that will be is anyone's guess. For more information one must keep checking their website.

Club Star seems to be some program to obtain special fares or something but it is NOT a FF program.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
Star Per just launched their "Star Pass" program which appears to be linked to the Taca/Avianca FF system.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 6:21 pm

StarPeru connection flight?

I am going to Peru in August, and am trying to find tickets for domestic flights.

My itinerary is as follows:
- Toronto > Lima
- Lima > Cuzco
- Cuzco > Puerto Maldanado
- Puerto Maldanado > Arequipa
- Arequipa > Lima
- Lima > Toronto

I am looking at flying COPA for the international portion, and considering StarPeru for domestic. The cheapest way seems to be booking them in round trips:
- Lima > Cuzco > Lima
- Cuzco > Puerto Maldanado > Cuzco
- Lima > Arequipa > Lima

This means when I go from Puerto Maldanado, I am using 1 leg fro each of those 3 trips. I have heard that the flight schedules are not very reliable in Peru, and am worried that I may miss the connections. Is there a way to book these as connection flights? Is the only way to book StarPeru through their website? (My travel agent said he would not book for me.)

I don't mind paying a bit more for a more reliable plan. But right now, the connecting flights are coming out to more than double the StarPeru price.

Thanks for any advice!

Margaret
Old Jan 20, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver
Please provide your dates of travel and I'll see what I can come up with. Have you tried calling them to do a multi-destination ticket?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:27 pm

I am going this August. The tentative itinerary is:
- Aug 5 - DEP Toronto, ARR Lima
- Aug 6 - DEP Lima, ARR Cuzco (assuming we will arrive too late in Lima & have to stay overnight to connect to Cuzco)
- Aug 14 - DEP Cuzco, ARR Puerto Maldanado
- Aug 17 - DEP Puerto Maldanado, ARR Arequipa
- Aug 24 - DEP Arequipa, ARR Lima
- Aug 27 - DEP Lima, ARR Toronto

So I can call the US number to book flights? Maybe I will give them a try this weekend.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 2:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver
I'm sure they could price a multi-destination ticket for you. But I can already see that the flight from Cuzco to Puerto Maldonado won't work on the same day with Star Peru.

Lan's South America pass could help. Your itinerary prices to US$711.68 for all segments intra-Peru. To buy a S.A. Pass you must fly RT on a OneWorld airline (AA or LAN). If you have some flexibility in destinations and dates, you could save money by going to Arequipa first because the route will help you to avoid segments connecting in Lima each time:

Saturday 06 august 2011 12:10 Lima (LIM) 13:35 Arequipa (AQP)
Friday 12 august 2011 06:25 Arequipa (AQP) 08:40 Cuzco (CUZ)
Tuesday 23 august 2011 12:35 Cuzco (CUZ) 13:30 Puerto Maldonado (PEM)
Friday 26 august 2011 11:55 Puerto Maldonado (PEM) 15:00 Lima (LIM)
This one prices at US$571.68.

So knowing that your lowest fare with some flexibility could be $571.68, you can call Star Peru to see what they can do.

I hope Star Peru works for you. I flew them in December and thought they were just fine. (I like supporting the underdog)
Old Jan 21, 2011, 3:53 pm

Have you tried calling Star Peru (there is a US # - Florida based IIRC) for connecting flights? Their website won't support it, but in person they are very helpful. I booked a much less complicated itinerary LIM-CUZ-PEM then PEM-CUZ and finally CUZ-LIM for $250 in April.

The downside is they have fewer flights per day so if one is cancelled I may be SOL. That said the only thing I would be *extremely* upset about missing is my Inca Trail hike and that is purposely well cushioned by extra days doing "less important" things.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
You can book multicity trips on Star Peru on despegar.com

FYI
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by david_33
Star Per just launched their "Star Pass" program which appears to be linked to the Taca/Avianca FF system.
I just got an email from Star Peru and was told that they are planning to begin a new FF program soon. ALL current balances are safe. They sent me a form to fill out. I recommend that anyone with questions about the new program to write Star Peru.

Maybe the change is due to the AV/TA merger.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Had only good flights with them, and I would definitely like to enroll on their FF program.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.