Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Booking TAR Aerolineas (Mexico) flight from the UK proves impossible

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

Not sure if this should be here or in the airline forum, please move if required mods.

Trying to book a TAR flight from Tuxtla to Merida in November and ideally want the TAR lunchtime flight.

Was able to navigate the all Spanish website but fell foul at the payment page as it will only let me enter a Mexican or US address and I'm from the UK.

Searches on kayak, Expedia etc either don't show the flight or link to the TAR site, has anybody had any success booking a TAR flight without a Mexican/US address?

There is a late afternoon flight on Aeromar which is the backup but as we only have 1 night in Merida it would
be nice to get there early afternoon.

I have some pretty basic Spanish and currently learning more before we go but don't feel it would be up to a Skype call if no English is spoken at the other end.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Maybe try Facebook @TARMex or tweet @TAR_mx?

Or email [email protected]

The best venue is an airline forum; we will move this soon.

/Moderator
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:10 pm
sw3
Used to be 'etrevino'

Programs: AA, BA, AM Plat, HH Silver, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mcmichael
Hi,

Not sure if this should be here or in the airline forum, please move if required mods.

Trying to book a TAR flight from Tuxtla to Merida in November and ideally want the TAR lunchtime flight.

Was able to navigate the all Spanish website but fell foul at the payment page as it will only let me enter a Mexican or US address and I'm from the UK.

Searches on kayak, Expedia etc either don't show the flight or link to the TAR site, has anybody had any success booking a TAR flight without a Mexican/US address?

There is a late afternoon flight on Aeromar which is the backup but as we only have 1 night in Merida it would
be nice to get there early afternoon.

I have some pretty basic Spanish and currently learning more before we go but don't feel it would be up to a Skype call if no English is spoken at the other end.
If you dial their number at +52 55 2629 5272 you'll hear a "For English press 1" after the greeting in Spanish, so give them a call and see if they can help you there
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:20 am
Original Poster

thanks for the replies,

I'll give those ideas a go
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Thought I should give an update.
Unfortunately it has proved too complex to book this flight.
The TAR customer service folk on facebook, via email and on the phone have been great but it's just not been possible for me to pay them any money.
Neither the website or over the phone allowed my credit card payment to go through - website I can understand but we couldn't get it over the phone either, maybe a U.K. Amex thing?
Final attempt was to book a flight and pay via bank transfer which again failed as they auto cancel if you don't pay within 24 hours and my UK bank cannot do that. The booking guys were great and waited to see if my payment came through when they said they would then reinstate the booking but unfortunately I couldn't get the payment to succeed.
My bank are refunding the payment and we have now booked the later Aeromar flight instead.

Thanks again for your suggestions and it was great experience for my spoken, written and reading of Spanish!!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thank you for the follow up. It's sad, really - poor customer service, probably due to insufficient planning. I'm glad to hear the employees tried, but were hampered by the airline's policies and procedures.

We will now move this to the proper airline forum and leave a trailing link here. /Moderator
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

A further update which may help folk
I posted the same question in trip advisor and somebody responded there that using their hotel address allowed the booking to be completed.
I did try the same with an AMEX card and it failed, which I'm happy about as card address is vital for security, but this option may work for others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.