Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

First time flying Aeromexico. In J. YYZ-MEX-EZE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier, Air France Silver, AAdvantage, Matmid Gold

Hi FTers!
I'm in the process of planning a trip to Buenos Aires in August in J. Leaving YYZ at 1AM, arriving MEX at 5 AM, 5 hour layover and then a 10:30 AM flight to EZE, arriving that evening.

Just have a couple questions.
1. At YYZ, which lounge will we have access to?
2. What's the IFE like on the 777-200 from MEX to EZE and returning?
3. On either direction, do we have to clear Mexican immigration/customs? In which case, do we have to collect bags?

Sorry for all the questions! Not my first time flying, by any means, just first time on this route.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by adrouault
H
3. On either direction, do we have to clear Mexican immigration/customs? In which case, do we have to collect bags?
Both directions, and yes. Bag-redrop to the far right after customs, and then opposite side of hall (without going "outside") is an escalator up to connecting security. Northbound flight, expect up to an hour for your baggage, plus unwieldy customs inspection for South America arrivals. Those flights are segregated (although your baggage carousel can be in either room, notwithstanding the signage).
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier, Air France Silver, AAdvantage, Matmid Gold
Thank you for the helpful info! I just sent an email regarding the flat in San Telmo.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by adrouault
3. On either direction, do we have to clear Mexican immigration/customs? In which case, do we have to collect bags?.
As I just posted in another thread in this forum, take a peek at the MEX connections thread in Mexico forum.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...nh-mex-t2.html

The return trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.