WestJet/Wow - should I?

Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
WestJet/Wow - should I?

I am tempted to make a VERY quick YYZ-London trip in December, having found a £250 return fare outward on WestJet and returning on Wow via Iceland. I know Westjet have had hideous timekeeping on their TATL service, but am I right in thinking this has settled down somewhat? Am I foolhardy in taking this combination of airlines?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:39 pm

I don't think that would be foolish at all. For a price like that I wouldn't hesitate, as long as you have some flexibility on either end of your trip and/or trip insurance in the off chance that your flights are delayed, although I'd give that suggestion regardless of the carrier. I think you'll be fine.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:19 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Other than the Westjet reliability problems due to their old aircraft... It seems to think that you'd need some slack time in the schedule in order to accommodate for any delays. I know it's hard to plan around that, but I'm a bit risk adverse that way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.