Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

GOL Loses Baggage and Offers Insulting Compensation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GOL Loses Baggage and Offers Insulting Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Angry GOL Loses Baggage and Offers Insulting Compensation

GOL Aerolinhas lost my luggage on a direct flight from Brasilia to Sao Paulo CGH. The gate attendant couldn't tell me exactly what to do, but I filed a claim. A month later, they were not able to locate my lost luggage and without asking me the value of my items offered me about 1/10th of the value of my luggage and items. When I tried to call, they didn't speak English and ended up hanging up on me. I tried their online chat and they could not explain to me why it was so low and refused to transfer me to someone who did. The whole experience has been ridiculous and upsetting. I work in international higher education and this will be my last time using GOL and I am telling my colleagues to do the same.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Not worth worrying about. File the claim with your travel insurance (if it's not too late) and let your insurance carrier deal with G3.

Trust me, G3 could care less if you tell everyone you know. If they are smart, they already know and they don't check anything of value themselves.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:55 am

I go out of my way to try to do business with companies that have a presence in the US, however small.

It's not so much out of patriotism as it is the desire to have real and tangible legal recourses available to me when things go wrong.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:13 am

By buying the ticket, you entered into a contract. What does the contract stipulate?

(Hint: Check the tarriff.)
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:22 pm

Gol does have a presence in the U.S. They fly to Miami. Certainly less than TAM's. Gol's Web site should have info on lost luggage. Tried calling their U.S. number, perhaps using Skype? If you can't find a number, maybe contact their partner Delta (who couldn't help re the luggage but might re the number). You can send Gol an e-mail at https://www.voegol.com.br/en-us/aten...r-message.aspx Gol is not my favorite Brazilian airline, but they're used by U.S. carriers such as Delta (a partner) and United (not).

Last edited by SoCal; Jun 23, 2016 at 12:31 pm
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Often1
Not worth worrying about. File the claim with your travel insurance (if it's not too late) and let your insurance carrier deal with G3.

Trust me, G3 could care less if you tell everyone you know. If they are smart, they already know and they don't check anything of value themselves.
most travelers dont buy any travel insurance.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:24 am

You have to send them an itemized list with estimated replacement value - and also include receipt if you have them. This may increase the offer they gave you. Also add any expenses of stuff you bought when the bag went missing (e.g. basic clothes/supplies).

I would also check if you have any insurance on any of your credit cards.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: TudoAzul Diamante, Smiles Diamante, Latam Gold
You could fill the form at ANAC website. They are the "DOT" from Brazil.
http://www2.anac.gov.br/arus/focus/f...darUsuario.asp

Usually they pressure the airline to solve the situation since they can apply penalties due to problems that weren't solved. They have a specific link to foreign travelers: http://www2.anac.gov.br/arus/focus/f...arUsuario2.asp

Use Google Translate to fill the form..

I hope it helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.