Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Porter standby fee $150 on Firm fare

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Porter standby fee $150 on Firm fare

At Boston Logan going to Toronto Billy Bishop.
Got to airport early and wanted to catch the earlier flight. 12 seats left on the plane.

No budging: $150 to go standby on earlier flight.

An update as of 4/29/16.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Peter Kim
Got to airport early and wanted to catch the earlier flight. 12 seats left on the plane.

An update as of 4/29/16.
It seems you were charged the appropriate amount given the fare purchased and itinerary. Were you expecting some sort of special dispensation?

Last edited by ffsim; Apr 29, 2016 at 10:24 am Reason: Removed reference to post being in AC forum
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Westjet allows their Gold members to do this, on any fare class. It is a big reason I primarily fly WS, as my routes are all routes that have flights every hour or two, and they are rarely sold out. I always book the latest flight of the evening, and then just hop on whatever flight I can, when I finish my day.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:14 am

An update as of 4/29/16.
Ok and...?

Why should they budge and allow you to be above the rules?

It is clearly stated under the fare rules you agreed to, so I don't know why you are shocked that they wanted to charge you the exact amount listed in the rules,

https://www.flyporter.com/Travel/Far...?culture=en-CA
Old May 6, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver

An update as of 4/29/16.
Welcome to Flyertalk! Anything else you would like to vent about?
Old May 7, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Be sure to followup with Merriam-Webster, Cambridge & the Oxford English dictionaries about how you'd like them to redefine "firm".

I like PD for my YTZ-EWR flights. I now fly up on JJ (if the flight operates on that day) JFK-YYZ and then YTZ-EWR on PD as PD offers complimentary same-day changes on the YTZ-EWR route. Who knows when a client meeting will run late or I'll want a few hours more with friends that weekend.

I do wish they still offered 1 free roll-aboard or checked bag like they used to though. But instead I buy the fare that includes it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.