Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Eastern Airlines sighting, sports team charter - Feb. 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum

I realize there's a forum for "Other North American Airlines," but I thought this would interest UA fliers that were long time EA flyers like I was.

Taxiing from the gate at DTW yesterday, dozed off a moment, then woke up to this view out the window.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thought I was in a Twilight Zone episode. Then I looked closer and could see it was a Florida Panthers charter plane.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I realize there's a forum for "Other North American Airlines," but I thought this would interest UA fliers that were long time EA flyers like I was.

Taxiing from the gate at DTW yesterday, dozed off a moment, then woke up to this view out the window.

Thought I was in a Twilight Zone episode. Then I looked closer and could see it was a Florida Panthers charter plane.
They're (marginally) back ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Air_Lines_(2015)

Or, maybe, I was slightly prescient...
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA-Platinum , Marriott- Lifetime Gold
Noticed on the news that one of the Presidential candidates was flying on an Eastern jet .
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
You notice the logo on the tail, that's the official Florida Panthers team charter, which is operated by Eastern Airlines. Florida played the Red Wings last night.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:35 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As there are periodic threads on Eastern in the forum the OP cited, that really is the most apt place for this thread. I'll put a longer-than-normal redirect in as it's moved to the Other N. and S. American Airlines forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, United.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:14 pm

Programs: 1.3mm
i saw an eastern plane in MIA; sunday, 7.2.16

I had to take a couple steps back to confirm that it was such... thinking, "...; aren't they out of business?"
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:33 am

I think they are somewhat back..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.