Missing departure flight on Allegiant

Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Missing departure flight on Allegiant

I have an emergency that requires that I leave early for a business trip. I was originally taking Allegiant to and from Vegas, but now I have to take another airline out. My original flight was not refundable, which I'm okay with. I've heard of situations before that airlines might cancel the return flight if you miss the departure. Is this something I should be concerned about. I emailed alliegent, but it says it can take up to 48 hours to get a response.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 4:38 am

What you've heard is, unfortunately for you, a fact. No show on the way out -> ticket cancelled and no refund! By the way, true for all airlines.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
What you've heard is, unfortunately for you, a fact. No show on the way out -> ticket cancelled and no refund! By the way, true for all airlines.
This is true for all airlines except, possibly Allegiant. I've never had the guts to try it before but I have heard from people who missed the outbound but still caught the return. Like I said, I've never tried this personally, but I have heard that its possible. The only way to know for sure is either to try it out yourself or call Allegiant and ask them

As a reminder, for this very reason it can often, but not always, be advantageous to book flights as one-ways whenever possible.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:54 pm

Allegiant will NOT cancel your return segment if you miss the outbound.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.