Wiki Posts
Search

GOL Smiles earnings?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Question GOL Smiles earnings?

Hi FlyerTalk!

I have found a flight from ATL -GRU- GIG(Operated by GOL) on june 3, 2015 on Delta's website., now my question is since the second segments means it will be operated by GOL will I earn Smiles Miles based on GOL's Earning or I will still earn based on Delta's earning because I book on the Delta's website?

I'm really trying to find the best fare/miles ratio so this is really important to me.

Thank you in advance for your help

Last edited by aerik; May 22, 2015 at 1:00 am
Old May 22, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Not sure what you goal is here, as Kayak shows a nonstop Delta flight ATL to GIG on June 3 for $1638 one-way. You avoid the 13 hour+ layover in the flights you posted and don't have to worry about where GOL miles will credit.

Additionally, the amount of miles you get for the short flight between GRU and GIG is not much compared to the overall trip. It is only about 35 minutes actual flight time. Something like 259 miles if I recall correctly from the numerous times I have done it.
Old May 23, 2015, 10:15 am

You don't get miles automatically. You have to state what ff miles program you want credited. You should be able to choose Delta or Gol miles for the entire trip. That's s.o.p. Would you want Gol miles?

Delta or Gol may have a minimum number of miles you'd get for GRU-GIG or they may give the actual miles. If you want to know for sure exactly how many miles you'd get, contact Delta.

I agree the 13 hour layover would be brutal.
Old May 24, 2015, 7:24 am
Original Poster

@qfrodo Hello! Thank you for your response. Technically this is not for me, it's just that it is a part of my job. And the boss requested to look for a certain flight from ATL - GIG with a layover in GRU. He is a GOL Smiles member so yeah I have to be certain on his earnings.

@SoCal Hello! thank you for the response. Much appreciated. Yes that is correct I want to know the earning for GOL Smiles. Well the boss says he wants to have a tour in Sao Paolo and wants a layover there. Not sure if that is wise, but yeah just trying to do my job.

So that settles it I need to contact their customer support. I have tried doing a chat support on GOL but man, they only chat in Portuguese...

Thank you guys. I think this resolves my this thread. Have a good day qfrodo and SoCal
Old May 24, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Does your boss know what traffic is like in Sao Paulo on a weekday? His tour may consist of creeping along in traffic, a quick lunch, and creeping back to the airport. GRU is not in Sao Paulo proper.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks qfrodo!

Originally Posted by qfrodo
Does your boss know what traffic is like in Sao Paulo on a weekday? His tour may consist of creeping along in traffic, a quick lunch, and creeping back to the airport. GRU is not in Sao Paulo proper.
I bet he does not! might as well give him a warning. Yea I was looking at the photos from Sao Paulo and darn the roads is like a huge parking lot. I'll show him a picture of a typical Sao Paulo Morning.

Thanks again qfrodo! Have a good day!
Old May 26, 2015, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Hi Guys!

@SoCal

@qfrodo

Hi guys!! do you have any Idea how this minimum mileage works?

Inputs will be greatly appreciated, called the french Smiles Center but sadly they don't seem to know... hmmmm
Old May 26, 2015, 3:45 pm

I am not a Smiles member, so can't help.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by aerik
@SoCal

@qfrodo

Hi guys!! do you have any Idea how this minimum mileage works?

Inputs will be greatly appreciated, called the french Smiles Center but sadly they don't seem to know... hmmmm
Looks like the minimum # of ff miles you'd accumulate for a flight in each of the regions, even if the actual distance flown is less. I think airlines in many places have such minimums.

I don't know why you are concerned with earning Gol miles. If you're in the U.S. just choose Delta miles for the whole trip, even if the Gol flight is separate (i.e., after a break in travel). We've gotten Delta miles on Gol flights.

Last flew Gol in March. As noted here, the only free refreshment is mineral water in a cup. There are menus for sandwiches and smaller snacks in each seat pocket. Flying TAM next month for the first time in a year. Not sure what they offer now. I can remember when full meals were served, even on a short flight like Sao Paulo-Rio (FAs had to rush to serve the meal and pick up trays).
Old May 28, 2015, 6:12 pm

That table isn't valid anymore... mileage accrual now depends on Delta's code...
Old May 28, 2015, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arthrod
That table isn't valid anymore... mileage accrual now depends on Delta's code...
Can I ask where did you get that information? Thanks arthrod! Safe flight!
Old May 28, 2015, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks SoCal!

Originally Posted by SoCal
Looks like the minimum # of ff miles you'd accumulate for a flight in each of the regions, even if the actual distance flown is less. I think airlines in many places have such minimums.

I don't know why you are concerned with earning Gol miles. If you're in the U.S. just choose Delta miles for the whole trip, even if the Gol flight is separate (i.e., after a break in travel). We've gotten Delta miles on Gol flights.

Last flew Gol in March. As noted here, the only free refreshment is mineral water in a cup. There are menus for sandwiches and smaller snacks in each seat pocket. Flying TAM next month for the first time in a year. Not sure what they offer now. I can remember when full meals were served, even on a short flight like Sao Paulo-Rio (FAs had to rush to serve the meal and pick up trays).
Because the boss is trying to earn miles for his smiles account. And I'm trying to learn more about Smiles so that I could readily answer questions he might asked. Only a cup of mineral water ? I still do not know why the boss wants to have an elite status on smiles... With an mediocre service and the high cost of award tickets. I might suggest him to just stick with Skymiles or get affiliated with TAM's Fidelidade. About the meal, haha I could just imagine the FA's rushing when the seat belt signal has been disengage since that is a less than an hour flight.

Thanks SoCal! Hope you will have a safe flight on TAM.

Additional Question: For you what would you consider to be the Best Frequent Flyer Program on Southern America?
Old May 30, 2015, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by aerik
Because the boss is trying to earn miles for his smiles account. And I'm trying to learn more about Smiles so that I could readily answer questions he might asked. Only a cup of mineral water ? I still do not know why the boss wants to have an elite status on smiles... With an mediocre service and the high cost of award tickets. I might suggest him to just stick with Skymiles or get affiliated with TAM's Fidelidade. About the meal, haha I could just imagine the FA's rushing when the seat belt signal has been disengage since that is a less than an hour flight.

Thanks SoCal! Hope you will have a safe flight on TAM.

Additional Question: For you what would you consider to be the Best Frequent Flyer Program on Southern America?
Only have experience with TAM's, through my wife. I have always credited miles from myTAM flights to the U.S. airline with which they were affiliated (AA, then United, now AA again). For Gol flights, credited to Delta account.

Sandwiches on Gol aren't badly-priced. Don't know what TAM is giving for free now. Will find out in 2 weeks. I've heard some airlines (e.g., Azul) give meals, butI haven't flown them. I'm speaking of domestic flights, of course. I assume you get actual meals on international flights of all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.