Community
Wiki Posts
Search

copa weighing carryon

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:38 am
Original Poster

copa weighing carryon

I dropped my wife off at the Miami airport this morning and they actually weighed her carryon and put a tag on it at checkin. Then at security they made her put her purse inside of her laptop bag in order to go through to security.

I have been flying Copa for years and they have never even flinched at anything related to carryon. Is this something new that copa is doing everywhere or is it simply Miami specific?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
It's been almost a year since I set foot on a CM plane, so I have no recent first person experience. However, I have heard of CM weighing carry-on bags on occasion, but it had been rare in the past. Tagging the bags is nothing new - that's happened for me on the majority of flights I've taken with them.

Putting the purse in the laptop bag probably had nothing to do with CM, as they don't run security. The FAA limits you to 1 carry-on bag and one personal item, so if your wife had a laptop bag in addition to those, it would not surprise me that security would insist that they be consolidated, though it's a little nit-picky.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:32 am

I have never had mine weighed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.