Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa announced ConnectMiles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eddie_W
Hey guys I've got my platinum pack earlier today!
I assume that has a membership card, right? How long ago did you get your match?

I'm waiting for my Copa elite card to show up to get me into the UA Clubs (I'm a 1K, but I need a card for access on domestic flights). I was thinking I might need to call. Sounds like I might just need to wait.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:41 pm

Can anyone who matched UAGold please let me know what expiry they were given.

Not sure if I should ride out UA to Gold this year, or switch to CM now if they are offering status through 2016

Definitely prefer the latter

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by EsEmEl

Not sure if I should ride out UA to Gold this year, or switch to CM now if they are offering status through 2016

Definitely prefer the latter

Thanks in advance
I think there is no universal answer for this. I asked at a CM stand in PTY and was told mine was valid through 2016, but I believe others have been given only through 2015.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:26 pm

Anybody bought miles yet or heard about the process? I'm like 800 miles short for an award.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by EsEmEl

Match with UA should be thru 2016 (Feb '17 expiry) according to their own policy. Why would you not take a free status match?

-------

First Copa flight in a few months coming up on Monday. I booked it this morning. 2 Seats available in business class. 2 hours after booking my economy ticket I received the upgrade email. Fantastic airline! Nice for my 7 hour flight.

Only 4 booked up front on the return flight in a week. Hoping for success then too
Old Oct 11, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by aza72
Can you status match on Copa, use the Copa status for upgrade and then switch the FF # back to UA for crediting to UA? I've heard of some people playing this game with AA/AS, but wondering if it would work here.
I had the same question. Anybody know?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
I can confirm that it works, but that you don't actually need to do it. One flight it looked like I wasn't going to get upgraded, and switched my number back. There was a no show in first and the gate agent was happy to put me on the upgrade list (which cleared) based on my UA status.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by aza72
I can confirm that it works, but that you don't actually need to do it. One flight it looked like I wasn't going to get upgraded, and switched my number back. There was a no show in first and the gate agent was happy to put me on the upgrade list (which cleared) based on my UA status.
Risky to not put Copa # if you want to clear at 24/48/72/96 hours before departure
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I'm flying to SJO tomorrow and back Wednesday. Upgraded on both segments already. Seems like CM sticks to the very generous MP complementary upgrade policy.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I can provide a little insight as well - I have been dealing with this status match for 3 months now - first e-mail sent July, then August, September and October. I have also called several times. I just called again and the representative put me on hold while talking to the appropriate department - I offered to provide the request number and he informed me that they already had all the necessary information. Why they hadn't acted, I don't even know but I guess like others have reported, they certainly need to be given a little push.

However, I can confirm that AA EXP gets matched to Platinum - if they only matched to Pres Plat in the beginning, I suppose I should have been more persistent. I will try to e-mail them back and request it even though it was mentioned in the e-mails I sent but if it's not offered anymore, I doubt they will reconsider. Yes, AA has 3 levels as opposed to CM's 4 but the qualification criteria is higher than their Pres Plat level - 100,000 miles vs. 95,000 and 120 segments vs. 90, well, to be honest - last year they were 100 but still more than what's required for Pres Plat.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Question - I just thought of something that others may have encountered. If you are matched to Platinum, does that mean you only need to fly 20,000 additional miles or 20 segments to achieve Pres Plat or do you need the full amount of 95,000 miles or 90 segments?

I know how it works when you're matched in other programs but not sure ConnectMiles is handling it the same way.

If anyone has any experience or knowledge, I'd appreciate sharing it.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct
Question - I just thought of something that others may have encountered. If you are matched to Platinum, does that mean you only need to fly 20,000 additional miles or 20 segments to achieve Pres Plat or do you need the full amount of 95,000 miles or 90 segments?

I know how it works when you're matched in other programs but not sure ConnectMiles is handling it the same way.

If anyone has any experience or knowledge, I'd appreciate sharing it.
I started off as CM silver when I matched from UA silver. I had 0 "PMQs" in my account, so I would have to earn 50K on CM to get to CM gold.

I presume that its the same for all other matches (its the same for Gold too)
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:34 pm

Yes, that's the bad news. Regardless of what we were matched to we all start at zero.

The good news is we have until Feb 2017 to complete all the necessary EQM/Segments. (If you were matched until 2017, that is)
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by SchrottFly
Instead of being lumped with "other"?
Please post your desire here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...les-forum.html
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by GrandTower
I concur Schrottfly, I'd like to see a dedicated forum to COPA/CONNECT MILES also. A case can be made given thier recent moves.
Please post your desire here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...les-forum.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.