Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GOL - no online checkin with Brazil Airpass ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Unhappy GOL - no online checkin with Brazil Airpass ?

Good morning,

I have tried in vain on the GOL website to check me in using my Brazil Airpass issued in Germany on non-GOL ticket stock (issuing airline Hahn Air - my ticket no. commencing with 169-XXXXXXXXXXXX) within the 168 hours checkin time window GOL has indicated.

The answer of GOL on their US website is:

Unable to check-in for flights Interline.

Side question: Do GOL really enforce the 5 kgs. carry on weight limit for domestic sectors or can I get away with a heavier item - though not exceding the maximum dimensions (I had no problem while flying TAM in Domestic Brasil).

Thanks for all your inputs,

juan516.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:03 am

My experience is that they don't enforce at all, if it fits. Additionally, if you're flying Gol in the same international ticket, you have 2 bags of 32kg checked in for your entire itinerary, including the domestic part.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:56 am
Original Poster

@arthrod: Thank you for sharing your experience regarding weight of carry-ons with me.

I still have my main question unanswered: whether online checkin is not possible for me because I am holding a Brazil Airpass ticket issued on Hahn Air ticket stock in Germany -as detailed yersterday.

Sorry for being so investigative: I would just like to know my odds with GOL online checkin.

juan516.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Haven't had your exact experience, juan516, but when I purchase a ticket from United that includes a Gol domestic flight I have never been able to check in on Gol's web site. Always get the message to go to the airport as the itinerary includes an international flight. The opposite is true with TAM, can check in there with no problem. So I would suspect you will not be able to check in until you arrive at the airport.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Thank you qfrodo for sharing your experience !

So with my Brazil Airpass Ticket issued on Hahn Air ticket stock in Germany I have no alternative, but after arrival into Brazil must go to a GOL Domestic Checkin counter - or can I use one of the GOL checkin machines ???

Cheers,
juan516.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
You haven't indicated what airline you are arriving on or which port of entry in Brazil you will be entering. If GRU, most international flights now arrive at the new Terminal 3. After going thru passport control, claiming any checked luggage, and clearing customs, there are signs that will direct you to a recheck area for your domestic flight in Brazil.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:22 am
Original Poster

GOL Check in methods at GRU, transferring from T3 to T1

Thank you qfrodo for your clarification. In fact I plan to arrive at Guarulhos Terminal 3 with British Airways and redepart with GOL Domestic from Terminal 1.

Is it faster to queue at the GOL transfer desk at Terminal 3 arrivals to obtain my boarding pass or just walk to Terminal 1 and see a GOL checkin desk there or try my luck at one of the GOL Terminal 1 checkin machines ?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by juan516
Thank you qfrodo for your clarification. In fact I plan to arrive at Guarulhos Terminal 3 with British Airways and redepart with GOL Domestic from Terminal 1.

Is it faster to queue at the GOL transfer desk at Terminal 3 arrivals to obtain my boarding pass or just walk to Terminal 1 and see a GOL checkin desk there or try my luck at one of the GOL Terminal 1 checkin machines ?
In my experience it is better to use the transfer desk. And if you have checked bags you won't need to lug them over to Terminal One.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Walking time at GRU between Terminals 3 and 1

Thank you again qfrodo - i will try my luck at the Teminal 3 GOL Transfer Desk at Guarulhos.

Side question, because you mentioned checked luggage: can I walk from Guarulhos Terminal 3 to Terminal 1 and how long will it take ?

Cheers,
juan516.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:20 pm

Yes you can walk from T3 to T1. It will take about 10 to 15 mintues depending on how crowded it is and how many people to dodge.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:39 am
Original Poster

@ qfrodo: Many thanks for all your advice and help - I am almost on my way across the pond and in some weeks will try to post my - hopefully positive - GOL experiences.

Cheers,
juan516.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:37 am
Original Poster

The entire trip has been perfect !

Again many thanks to qfrodo for sharing experiences: walking between Guarulhos terminals has been a breeze. Airport checkin with a Brazil Airpass was fast and all prior seat assignments have been honored. None of the GOL staff enforced the checking of luggage I preferred to carry on, because it was heavier than 5 kgs. - as long as it deed not exceed the set dimensions. Ontime performance was perfect - most flights arrived 15 mins. or more ahead of schedule. Seat pitch in the normal rows was wider than Lufthansa or Germanwings - and unlike the latter airline GOL is not a low cost operation. I look forward to my next trip with GOL.

Cheers,
Juan516.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:14 pm

^ Glad everything went well for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.