Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Claiming LANPass Miles for redirected TAM flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist

About a month ago, my IGU-LIM-JFK flights on LAN were redirected to a set of TAM flights from IGU-GRU-JFK due to flight delay at IGU-LIM that would make it so that I would have to spend the night in LIM. As the agent was rushing to get me on the IGU-GRU flight on TAM, I assumed that she didn't transfer my LANPass number onto those flights. At any rate, in her rush to get me on the flight, she had ticketed me on a very tight connection at GRU, which I missed as my IGU-GRU flight was delayed. I ran to get on the next GRU-JFK flight, which I barely made and the agent just let me on the flight with the boarding pass. I have evidence that I was on the GRU-JFK flight, as I had to file a missing baggage report, given that my luggage never made my original flight. I have no idea how to go about claiming my miles at this point, as LAN does not think that I flew that last segment. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:49 am

You still have boarding passes? Or something showing you took those flights? Even without this, LAN should have your data on those flights. Your name should appear even if the LAN # did not. Not sure how LAN could say you didn't take those flights. TAM, which is part of LAN, certainly had your name in the system at some point.

Is LAN crediting you with the equivalent miles for your originally-booked itinerary but you want the extra miles for this new routing, or are they not crediting you at all? I'd ask to speak with a supervisor. Your name has to be attached to the new flights at some point. Boarding passes not always necessary to get miles, but could certainly help. You could send them copies.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SoCal
You still have boarding passes? Or something showing you took those flights? Even without this, LAN should have your data on those flights. Your name should appear even if the LAN # did not. Not sure how LAN could say you didn't take those flights. TAM, which is part of LAN, certainly had your name in the system at some point.

Is LAN crediting you with the equivalent miles for your originally-booked itinerary but you want the extra miles for this new routing, or are they not crediting you at all? I'd ask to speak with a supervisor. Your name has to be attached to the new flights at some point. Boarding passes not always necessary to get miles, but could certainly help. You could send them copies.
I got credit for the outbound, but not the return. I have the boarding passes, along with my missing luggage form, which makes it pretty clear that I had to have flown the flight. I only used the website to try to claim those miles, but nothing came of it, so I will try to call them and see what happens.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Just called LANPass and the agent claims to have fixed it. Apparently the new ticket has my middle initial, which doesn't match my LANPass account information, so they can't match the two. So strange...but they claim this will take 30 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.