Copa Airlines Upgrade *A GOLD

Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United. American
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; SGH-M919 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2062.117 Mobile Safari/537.36)

A question

If I have star alliance GOLD member card through aegean airlines
Can I book an economy copa airlines flight and get upgrade class to business using my milleageplus number in the ticket and showing my *A gold card?

Or I must put my miles&bonus number membership in the booked economy ticket of copa in order to get the update to businesss if available?

It is the process automatically?

If i use my united milelageplus how the system can give me the upgrade?

Thank you for the help
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by levych
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; SGH-M919 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2062.117 Mobile Safari/537.36)

A question

Can I book an economy copa airlines flight and get upgrade class to business using my milleageplus number in the ticket and showing my *A gold card?

Or I must put my miles&bonus number membership in the booked economy ticket of copa in order to get the update to businesss if available?

It is the process automatically?

Thank you for the help
Do you have status with MileagePlus? If yes, start with your MP number and change it after the upgrade is processed, if not, then you won't get an upgrade unless operationally necessary and you would be better off with M&B in the whole time.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Automatic Upgrades are not a benefit of Star Alliance Gold status, at least via Aegean Miles&Bonus. Aegean does not mention upgrades on ANY airline - not even on Aegean themselves - as a benefit.

Thank you for the help
Some US airlines seem to give space-available upgrades to all and sundry (as long as some shiny card is involved).

As your question relates to Copa Airlines, then it should have been asked in the relevant forum. I've requested the mods to move it, and you should get a better answer there from the people who know Copa.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
I fly COPA a lot, and in my experience they never give out upgrades to which you are not entitled. They will fly with empty seats in F. I remember one case in which I was the only passenger in F when the back of the plane was almost full. Another example: even though I am 1K in the MP program, they will not upgrade me if I am flying on an economy award. Of course, you should ask at the gate; you might get lucky and find an agent who is not properly trained.

COPA does have a bidding program for upgrades. If the system works, you should get an email offering you the chance to bid cash for an UG. These are cleared after members with status. I have seen a few reports here where people have had success with this.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: United. American
Unhappy

thank you

i dont have status on MP.

i now see that benefits of star alliance gold didnt give upgrade OUCH

waww i will try with the gate supervisor

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.