TAM random seat assignments

Old Apr 7, 2014, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
TAM random seat assignments

this is just a warning to those who've booked flights on internal TAM flights, check your seat allocations if you're travelling in a group.

I've just checked my flights and found that the 3 of us (2 adults and 1 child) have been allocated seats completely separate from each other. All three of us had aisle seats!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:36 am

You got advance seat assignments? Impressive. You can ask to be reassigned when you check in. Even pay R$40 and get an upgrade to a "comfort seat" (just means better location), probably the first row (bulkhead), since some agents won't put you in the exit row unless you're Brazilian (apparently reg says you do need to speak Portuguese, to understand pass on emergency instructions, but nothing about citizenship).

On the bright side, sort of, the seats are packed close enough together that you won't likely be far from the others in your group. Is it really important that those of you in the group be seated near each other? If so, see what you can do on check in.
Old May 12, 2014, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by SoCal
You got advance seat assignments? Impressive. You can ask to be reassigned when you check in. Even pay R$40 and get an upgrade to a "comfort seat" (just means better location), probably the first row (bulkhead), since some agents won't put you in the exit row unless you're Brazilian (apparently reg says you do need to speak Portuguese, to understand pass on emergency instructions, but nothing about citizenship).

On the bright side, sort of, the seats are packed close enough together that you won't likely be far from the others in your group. Is it really important that those of you in the group be seated near each other? If so, see what you can do on check in.
re: seat assignements - just logged in and changed the seat ... nothing special.

re: sitting together - a 2 year old sat on his own in another row is probably not advisable

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.