Wiki Posts
Search

VDB's on AeroMexico

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
VDB's on AeroMexico

So twice now I have been offered a VDB in MEX. Both times they say the voucher is ONLY good for "one free round trip from Mexico to the United States"

I keep trying to clarify that this trip will also be good from the US to Mexico...but they keep telling me it must originate in Mexico. This does me no good living in the US. I imagine language might be a barrier here. They printed out sample vouchers for me...but in typical AM fashion there are no T&C's to read. I have turned them down both times.

Anyone have experience with these vouchers from MEX? Can I use them from US to MEX?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
AM is terrible with vouchers. They don't know the rules and the other stuff the staff makes up.

I have been told they are good for 1RT on AM metal, but only up to $500.
Or they are good for 1 RT on AM
Or if you don't use the full amount, you get another voucher for the balance.
Or if you don't use the full amount, the voucher is used up.
Or that the voucher can only be used if "G" class is available.

In the end, my bet would be that your voucher is good for US-MEX travel. However, having redeemed vouchers with AM 4-5 times, I can tell you that the process to get the vouchers redeemed is as painful as a rootcanal. The staff has no clue.
I even booked my trip online and gave them the PNR to issue the ticket with the voucher last week. While they found the booking (Yay, success), they could not match the price. So they decided to charge me a $100 per ticket more. The process still took 1 hour.

In my opinion, AM vouchers are not worth much, unless you are very very patient.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Just bumping this up to see if anyone else has AM VDB advice. I am flying through MEX in two weeks and my flights, once again, look sold out already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.