Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

OLCI on Copa gives a little better chance for upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lm silver / MileagePlus / Aadvantage / Amex platinum / stargold points silver

Normally frequent flyers on UNITED get a little better chance for upgrades when they do OLCI on UNITED, is it the same on Copa?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
I wish I could tell you. Unfortunately, COPA provides no details about their UG process on their website. I have always assumed that they followed the old Continental rules where check in time was a tie-breaker after status and fare level.

On the other hand, the couple of times where I had not been upgraded by the time I checked in at the airport, I have been told to ask the gate agent. I got the UG both times, but I was left under the impression that it was first come/first served at that point (but again, it's an impression, not actual knowledge).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.