Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

United Club access when flying COPA EJECUTIVA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world

Hi all --

I've just spent an hour plowing through dozens of threads about United Club access and there's a tremendous amount of conflicting data out there. After the past hour, I'm still not completely clear about club access when flying COPA Business Class.

For example, I'm flying next week PHL-MCO-PTY. First leg is on US First Class, second leg is Copa Business Class. I **THINK** I can access the United Club in MCO since I'm flying Copa international business and Copa/UA/CO have the reciprocal agreement.

NOTE THAT I NO LONGER HAVE ELITE STATUS IN STAR ALLIANCE, so that's not an option for me any longer.

Can someone provide a concrete, accurate answer about UNITED club lounge access in the US when connecting to/from a COPA flight in Business Class?

Many, many thanks in advance!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
I am not sure of the answer to your exact question, but the COPA gate at MCO is not near the United Club, so unless your layover is considerable, the logistics will be difficult.

In SJO, with an upgrade to 1st you also get a pass to the VIP lounge that is not a COPA lounge. COPA is now mileage plus, and on an international itin, you may have a good chance.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by TacaCopaFlyer
I am not sure of the answer to your exact question, but the COPA gate at MCO is not near the United Club, so unless your layover is considerable, the logistics will be difficult.

In SJO, with an upgrade to 1st you also get a pass to the VIP lounge that is not a COPA lounge. COPA is now mileage plus, and on an international itin, you may have a good chance.
Thanks. And, you're right, the MCO gate isn't all that close to the UA club, but one can still make it in less than 15 minutes. I have a 2 hour connection, so I'm hoping access is granted.

I'm hoping that someone here can confirm -- one way or another -- that access to a UA club is granted (whether it's in LAX, IAD, ORD, MCO, MEX or wherever) to any pax in Copa Clase Ejecutiva.

Really appreciate any first hand experience. THANK YOU!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

This link from the COPA website would appear to confirm that CM pax in Business class do, indeed, have access to United Clubs on day of travel!

http://www.copaair.com/Sites/CC/EN/N...Ejecutiva.aspx
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
If you have other questions about COPA, the United forum is a great place to ask. Since UA and COPA are close partners, there are a lot of regular COPA fliers on there, so you have a larger audience for your questions.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:44 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
You definitelly have access to United Club on COPA first class int'l ticket. In fact I believe you should have access in PHL as well.

EmailKid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.