Spirit International question

Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL,SW,AA, Marriott and Hilton
Spirit International question

For you Spirit people (I've never flown), I have a few questions as their website is a bit generic and I can't readily find the answers.

Flying TPA to SXM in July, and they have the best route at the best price hands down. Haven't purchased ticket yet, but do they offer a business class? It's not given as an option when I search for the price. Also how bad are the luggage fees as I like to take my stuff. 3 people (one is a child) with 2 or 3 checked bags probably.

Their route/price is far better than even us spending AA or Delta miles for this. Is Spirit anything like AirTran? (flew to KYW on AirTran and loved it)

Do they offer a FF account?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by trey33
For you Spirit people (I've never flown), I have a few questions as their website is a bit generic and I can't readily find the answers.

Flying TPA to SXM in July, and they have the best route at the best price hands down. Haven't purchased ticket yet, but do they offer a business class? It's not given as an option when I search for the price. Also how bad are the luggage fees as I like to take my stuff. 3 people (one is a child) with 2 or 3 checked bags probably.

Their route/price is far better than even us spending AA or Delta miles for this. Is Spirit anything like AirTran? (flew to KYW on AirTran and loved it)

Do they offer a FF account?

Thanks in advance

You need to go through to the area you pick seats and can get the Big Front Seat Option there. I use this to price out trips with everything included for the total price at the end.

I think you should consider buying the $9.00 Fare Club Membership, it will save you a lot of cash for all the fees and base fares. Also I would do a combination of checking one or two bags and then bringing in on carryon.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL,SW,AA, Marriott and Hilton
Thanks! After I posted, I did sign up for their FF. I don't think I can earn enough miles on their Mastercard x2 to pay for this flight so I'm probably not going to bother. The $9 club I will consider, as we have a lot of stuff for a week, 2 adults and 1 kid, but need the laptop and other goodies.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
The Spirit Mastercard is perhaps a good idea

Originally Posted by trey33
Thanks! After I posted, I did sign up for their FF. I don't think I can earn enough miles on their Mastercard x2 to pay for this flight so I'm probably not going to bother. The $9 club I will consider, as we have a lot of stuff for a week, 2 adults and 1 kid, but need the laptop and other goodies.

You should apply for it on the plane, thus you will get an a 5,000 milie bonus just for applying, then 15,000 miles for the card. They you get reduced miles trips and miles that don't expire.

The Spirit World MasterCard credit card offers you:
15,000 bonus miles after first qualifying purchase enough for 3 roundtrip off-peak tickets
no miles expiration if you make at least one purchase every month
no annual fee for first year

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.