Some Love For Spirit's Big Front Seats

Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, mainly
Some Love For Spirit's Big Front Seats

I know this is probably a special case -- but my better half and I are doing a lot of same-day flying ORD-LGA-ORD for specialized medical treatment, so we don't have baggage, and the big front seats on Spirit still come out less than American for day trips (and I don't have to use miles for upgrades.) Their AM departure is god-awful early, but at least we get the full business day in New York which helps with treatment scheduling. It would even be $100 cheaper for the two RTs if I settled for regular seats, but we're not willing to risk having to sit three across.
>>Brent
Old Feb 8, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Big Front Seat is the best deal with Spirit, being that many seats in the far back of the plane, now have NO, that is NONE recline. Spirit is really an outfit where "you pay for what you get and nothing more"!!!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by copyace
I know this is probably a special case -- but my better half and I are doing a lot of same-day flying ORD-LGA-ORD for specialized medical treatment, so we don't have baggage, and the big front seats on Spirit still come out less than American for day trips (and I don't have to use miles for upgrades.) Their AM departure is god-awful early, but at least we get the full business day in New York which helps with treatment scheduling. It would even be $100 cheaper for the two RTs if I settled for regular seats, but we're not willing to risk having to sit three across.
>>Brent
AA ORD JFK is less than $100......
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
For a daily r/t? Also, JFK isn't LGA
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by joshwex90
For a daily r/t? Also, JFK isn't LGA
Oneway before tax
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, mainly
I'd prefer to fly AA to LGA (sorry, JFK too far from the east side hospitals) with my Gold status, but last time we did so I purchased coach seats on the two-across side and put in for upgrades. Both flights were totally full and there were zero upgrades available -- and while we were only two across, my wife was really uncomfortable and the flight attendants were not super-helpful at providing ice and blankets/pillows that she needed. Yeah, I know I could use miles to get business class seats in the first place, but we try to save those for vacation travel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.