Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

Spirit says "Lower fares generally available at the airport."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spirit says "Lower fares generally available at the airport."

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by pieperjm88
While its possible that the agent may have charged you I would doubt it. Every time I have bought tickets at the airport the agent has assigned me seats with whoever I was flying with free of charge. I would just compare the price online with the price you paid and then you'll know whether or not they charged you. It may also be itemized on the receipt they give you but I'm not sure since I've never paid for them.
So there is another benefit for buying at the airport. Does Spirit ever assign seats for you and those on the same booking at different places? If so this benefit for booking at the airport could be even more valuable.

I recently booked a flight for wife, myself and one-month old son on the same booking with Norwegian and they assigned us to different spots. The checkin agent managed to clear that up.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
The two times I flew Spirit I bought tickets in advance at the airport. Neither time was I assigned seats. This was at DFW.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by gooseman13
The two times I flew Spirit I bought tickets in advance at the airport. Neither time was I assigned seats. This was at DFW.
so may be i was lucky then.
also, these promo codes which spirit is sending out, like 50OFF, 35OFF, etc could they be applied at airport location? is it only for online use?
if they cant be applied at airport, would we be better off buying the tickets online? making purchase at airport worthy only when there are no promo codes..
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:00 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
My understanding is that those promo codes are only good online. No first hand knowledge, but IIRC it's been posted upthread, or perhaps some other thread.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Does Spirit ever assign seats for you and those on the same booking at different places? If so this benefit for booking at the airport could be even more valuable.

I recently booked a flight for wife, myself and one-month old son on the same booking with Norwegian and they assigned us to different spots. The checkin agent managed to clear that up.
bump anyone?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:08 pm

i got more tickets & this time the seat assignments were not done.so i guess it depends on the agent.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrahul
i got more tickets & this time the seat assignments were not done.so i guess it depends on the agent.
Did you ask for it?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Did you ask for it?
i did not ask for it though.
the agent was doing it so fast, i did not want to interrupt.
thought she might do anything wrong if i break her concentration.
but was not lucky this time!!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:02 pm

Does anybody know if you can go to an airport and buy a ticket for an itinerary that does not include the airport that you physically walk to for the tickets? Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by cleanes
Does anybody know if you can go to an airport and buy a ticket for an itinerary that does not include the airport that you physically walk to for the tickets? Thanks!
yes, you can buy it for any location they fly to.
the agent once said, they have the same screen which the telephone booking agents have.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by mrahul
yes, you can buy it for any location they fly to.
the agent once said, they have the same screen which the telephone booking agents have.
Thanks so much, especially for the quick response! I'm going to try it to book some wayyyyyy in advance tickets for April after I'm no longer an elite in February and am just going with lowest price, as I don't need a carry on.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA, Delta
I bought 2 tickets at Spirit counter at LAX recently. The guy told me they are $42. I asked him again, he said $42 for BOTH of us. I paid, but then on the card statement I saw a charge of $84, looked at the CC receipt I signed, and THAT said $94, but the "reservation" slip I was given says $42... Either way, way cheaper than online, but VERY confusing. I am trying to dispute the $42 with CC now. But I indeed was assigned seats for free.

Last edited by Alyunya; Nov 19, 2014 at 7:03 pm
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
I recently bought tickets at DFW for an upcoming family trip and, consistent with prior posts, we got assigned seats together towards the front of the plane, both going and returning, for free.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:15 pm

So I bought tickets at the airport and have the confirmation code. Is there any way to check the status of it online without making an account/logging in with email?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:04 pm

Saw that Spirit had IAH-DTW RT on sale for roughly $42 if you were a $9 club member (and about $85 if you weren't a $9 member).

I volunteer at IAH, so was already at the airport and went and asked about the price and they quoted me $37.71 RT per person! Nailed it.

Went ahead and appeased them by buying the big front seat. Was $35 extra each way. Happy to do that if they sell tickets to me for under $40!

The IAH-DTW segment had a base fare of $0.01.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.