Spirit Cancellation Fee?

Old Sep 10, 2013, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-MM,SW-CP,A-List Preferred
Spirit Cancellation Fee?

I have a $50 round trip ticket I don't need to use, at 1st glance it says for cancelling on-line since the value of ticket is less than cancellation fee I would get $20 voucher for cancelling.

Then I click cancel and it wants a cancellation fee less my ticket value in order to get $20 future travel voucher, My question will I get charged on the card I booked the ticket the $55 cancellation fee( fee less ticket value) to get the $20 voucher? Or is it just showing this so I know the value of the ticket.

I am very afraid to hit the cancel button showing additional $50 fee and a voucher for only $20.

I am sure the safe bet is no show but would like the voucher if it does not charge the fee.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 6:23 pm

dont play any games with spirit, if you have any problems, they wont treat you like a human being.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
How long's the voucher valid? The worst thing u can do with Spirit is assume it follows industry standards (or even common sense).

The fees are there to make it unfeasible to do anything but walk away, and if you're in a situation where that's not the case, you probably paid too much. I've had to ditch a couple of 5K RT award trips because something better came up and the opportunity cost was too great. All my Spirit trips are trips that wouldn't have been taken at all otherwise.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.