Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

Spirit Air: cant check in on-line; flight soon, help!!

Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:53 am
Original Poster

hello FTers

I am flying out today LGA - FLL on spirit air. I've been trying to check-in since last night (T-24) and I haven't been able to. I'd like to check-in now because LGA is a zoo today, and I want to prepay for my bag to save money (19 vs 25. may not seem like alot, but when you're a poor student, $6 is dinner for a night or two!)

I've been on hold with spirit for THREE HOURS. I got through this morning & the customer service agent told me there was a glitch in the website. she collected all my information & told me that I would be able to check in within 15-20 minues. That was clearly a lie. Anyone experienced this before? What should I do?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Aside from "Don't fly Spirit?" If OLCI still isn't working, call them back and keep the agent on the phone until you're able to process your check-in. If they're unable to correct your record, have them put a notation on your reservation that you tried to check in online but couldn't due to the website issues so that you can get the online bag-check price at the airport. While you've got the agent on the line, you could always POLITELY ask for the bag fee to be waived entirely for your troubles. Good luck!
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Finally got an agent on the phone...he just took my record locator and is looking into why I cannot check in. Wish me luck!
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

WOW, how rude!!

I explained to him my situation. He said that he would look at it. He told me I had been pre-selected to not be able to check in online and I must use the check in counter at the airport. I explained to him that I would at least like to pre-pay my bags, and he said I should be able to...OBVIOUSLY NOT IF I'M CALLING YOU TO SAY THAT I CAN'T.

He went to check again, and said that there was a glitch in the system not letting me pay for my bags. I politely asked for them to waive my baggage fee, as it is not fair that I am attempting to use a service they advertise, and he refused. I asked to be forwarded to someone who could fix the glitch, and HE HUNG UP ON ME! How rude! I did get his name and will be filing a complaint.

I'm going to keep calling customer service until I have to leave for the airport.' If there aren't alot of people behind me, I will raise hell until something is done. If the line is long, I'll just take the loss. No sense in inconveniencing a truckload of people over $6 I guess...
Old Feb 15, 2010, 1:05 pm
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
Once flying on UA, the UA web site would not allow me to OLCI. What an annoyance, given the typical huge (1 hour long) check-in lines that I had come to expect on UA. Turned out that there was someone else with the same name on the same flight, and that disallowed OLCI.

At the time, UA was giving bonus FF miles for OLCI. I was able to get the bonus miles after calling them and saying that I attempted to OLCI but was disallowed by UA for reasons other than normal OLCI limitations at the time.

No idea what Spirit will do or why they are refusing OLCI for you (and whether it is something specific to you or a general issue).
Old Feb 15, 2010, 1:58 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
jordanlikewoah, welcome to FlyerTalk! I'll move this to our Budget Travel forum where Spirit Air is typically discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.