Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN 1000km fine for visitng office for missing KMs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others

Well, now online you can request they credit you with missing kms from flights taken. That's good. But if you dare go to their offices for them to fix their mistake (it is rarely my mistake that they didn't credit me with kms for flights taken), it will cost you 1000km!

"A partir del 1 de noviembre de 2009 el servicio en Call Center y oficinas LAN tendrá un costo de 1.000 kms., para clientes LANPASS y Premium."
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:42 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
ok. this explains the new feature listed with comodoro and premium silver status benefits which i didnot understand up to now:

Charge for earning outstanding kms. through LAN offices and Call Center eliminated.
You can earn LANPASS kms. that don’t currently appear in your statement charge-free through any channel.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Understood.

If one cannot sort out issues through their website & mails then one gets charged for having them sorting out things they didn't do in the first place.

Interesting concept, to say the least.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 9:57 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Here's how I translate it:

You can now "earn" kms that you already earned....and we won't even charge you for the pleasure of it!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:10 pm

looks like a strange back office desicion on return of invest: "we paid a lot to develop the online tool for the request missing kilometers feature - now people should use the online tool or pay for the costly personal service"
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:16 pm

very customer unfriendly
Old Nov 3, 2009, 8:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.
Very LAN ground service.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:41 am

the interesting question is - IB, AA and AM flights can not be handled online for retrocredit. you have to contact the call center or the LA office - does that cost 1000km as well or is the fee waived for those airlines?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:08 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
the interesting question is - IB, AA and AM flights can not be handled online for retrocredit. you have to contact the call center or the LA office - does that cost 1000km as well or is the fee waived for those airlines?
If you chose LAN to accrue your miles and something goes wrong you'll get charged 1,000 klms to get it right. Reminder NOT to choose LAN in the first place!

From November 1, 2009, this service, when carried out through the LAN Contact Center and offices, will have a cost of 1,000 kilometers for LANPASS and Premium clients.

For Aeroméxico - Iberia y American Airlines, the service for crediting kilometers is not available online. To credit these kilometers, please call our Contact Center or go to any LAN sales office, where you should present your boarding pass and a copy of your ticket. Without these, we will not be able to process your request.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by pb9997
If you chose LAN to accrue your miles and something goes wrong you'll get charged 1,000 klms to get it right. Reminder NOT to choose LAN in the first place!
well, the fee is waived for premium silver and comodoro :-) and i chose LAN as my OW program as it suits my travel pattern best and it was the cheapest way to become emerald

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.