Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why AirArabia not selling past March?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2008, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Why AirArabia not selling past March?

AirArabia are only selling tickets upt0 29 March. This has been the same for a couple of months. I thought their selling period was on a rolling few months. Anyone know why not selling and when they will open up April tickets?
Old Jan 24, 2008, 4:53 am

some airlines aren't announcing their April onwards pricing yet (I have booked, but can't buy, a TG KWI-BKK ticket for this reason right now... or so they told me ).

maybe they want to see what the local competition's offering fare-wise

dunno, but just a thought.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They seem to load flights for sale by IATA season. Last September, I e-mailed them about the absence of any flights beyond the end of the summer 2007 season for a particular route. They sent back a nondescript answer (substantially saying "wait" without indication of until when I would have to wait) but a couple of days later, flights appeared for sale. It was a slightly different situation to yours, in that flights to most destinations were already on sale but not to the specific destination I wanted. Looks like somebody had forgotten to load the flights to that particular destination and my e-mail prompted them into action.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:22 pm

Oh I see, didn't realise it was a specific route not showing. Good luck. I'm thinking of trying some of the low cost carriers in the region. You've found Air Arabia? I've only heard things about Jazeera (good, if they find your reservation when you go to check in!).
Old Jan 25, 2008, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moocherx
Oh I see, didn't realise it was a specific route not showing. Good luck. I'm thinking of trying some of the low cost carriers in the region. You've found Air Arabia? I've only heard things about Jazeera (good, if they find your reservation when you go to check in!).
No, in my situation it is ALL routes not available after march yet. I've used AirArabia before and found them perfect for what I needed. No complaints.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 10:10 pm

I just called the head office in Sharjah (I'm bored).

You'll be able to book April onwards from Feb 1st.

^
Old Jan 26, 2008, 2:06 am

As mentioned before about Jazeera, I would say use that one. Its more convenient being DXB based (out of U.A.E.), and depending on where you stay in the area can influence your ability to make the flight!!

Air Arabia is also good..and they really have great leg room. Dont bother buying the Jazeera plus option as its just economy with the middle seat blocked...

Also,dont worry about booking early for cheap flights on either of these airlines.. I used both of these airlines last week and only booked 1 week in advance and still got the tickets for next to nothing.

I have used them quite a lot in the past and there is no difference in either of them... I would choose Jazeera everytime though if they fly the same route.
^
Old Jan 26, 2008, 3:28 am
Original Poster

^
Cool, cheers.

Thanks festis21 I'll give Jazeera a look too.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Jazeera not letting me book either. The website rather helpfully says "The flights are probably sold out." when I book.

How helpful!! Why cant they say whether they are, or are not sold out.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Jazeera not letting me book either. The website rather helpfully says "The flights are probably sold out." when I book.

It really means they ARE sold out. Dumbass web designer, for sure.

Problem is, not only have they done a "flights from 3KD" special from 11am today for 2 days, there's a big holiday coming up in Kuwait which will effectively wipe out any seats to any location (except, I noticed, Tehran) from 21-27 Feb.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:02 am

Dont stress.. they are probably NOT on sale yet.. I have also had this message from them several times.. only to wait a few weeks and then the fares get published... its not til April when you want to travel right? Well.. Im sure it will be alright.. just wait
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by festis21
Dont stress.. they are probably NOT on sale yet.. I have also had this message from them several times.. only to wait a few weeks and then the fares get published... its not til April when you want to travel right? Well.. Im sure it will be alright.. just wait
Yes, but its a flight from DXB to BAH on the day of the Grand Prix, so I expect it to be busy.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:54 am

There should also be a 3rd (low-cost) option at that time then.

http://www.bahrainair.net/
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:51 am
Original Poster

^
Still no availability on any route past 29-March.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still no availability on any route past 29-March.
It's loaded now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.