Angola Airlines (TAAG) How to book LAD - HAV?

Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Angola Airlines (TAAG) How to book LAD - HAV?

Angola Airlines flies a few times a week Luanda - Havana return, operating a 777-200/300 on a direct flight. It flies under flight number DT702 and DT703 on the return.

Its clear from Flightradar24 that it operates on schedule, but I can't find any way to book this flight. It doesn't show up on ITA Matrix, or any OTA, or on the airline's own site.

Anyone have any ideas on this? Anyone booked it before and flown the route?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
See this thread
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks @Palal . Bizarre that it's only bookable in person. Its a very convenient route for Southern Africa to the Caribbean.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I believe Taag has sales office at CPT.

The HAV route does not seem to be a top priority for Taag and connections from the rest of TAAG network are generally poor. TMS is the same. I believe both routes are not profitable but are needed politically. Hence why they are not so easy to buy as Taag tickets to LIS, GRU etc which are more lucrative.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cargueiro
I believe both routes are not profitable but are needed politically. Hence why they are not so easy to buy as Taag tickets to LIS, GRU etc which are more lucrative.
I'm not sure I see the logic in making it hard to buy tickets on routes that lose money. Not exactly the best way to increase revenue and load factor.

Johan
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Johan

Taag management have changed flight times on most routes to improve connectivity. You can now fly from. JNB/CPT/MPM to LAD and connect on to LIS/OPO/GRU/GIG relatively easily.

The same is not true of HAV and TMS. These destinations do not seem to have yet been tweaked to connect to other international routes.

Mind you a few years ago none of Taag's routes were really timed to connect.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
I'm not sure I see the logic in making it hard to buy tickets on routes that lose money. Not exactly the best way to increase revenue and load factor.

Johan
You're asking for logic where there seems to be none
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
So is it possible to book this route in 2019?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by gkbiiii
So is it possible to book this route in 2019?
I obviously have no first hand experience, but if you search for LAD-HAV on TAAG website, it brings a list of travel agents selling these flights. All of these seem to be Angolan though.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
But oddly I could get a one-way First Class ticket South Africa to Brazil with them ($1,650 through online agency), odd.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by gkbiiii
But oddly I could get a one-way First Class ticket South Africa to Brazil with them ($1,650 through online agency), odd.
Don't expect a first-class experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.