Wiki Posts
Search

Air Namibia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Air Namibia

I've searched and I can't find anything from the past several years on Air Namibia. Thinking of flying them on a simple CPT-WDH and assume they're fine, but just checking in to see if anyone has any red flags. There's an Airlink option with times that aren't quite as good. I don't care much about mileage earning between the options
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan, ShebaMiles, SkyMiles
Flown them several times around Southern Africa (Namibia/Zambia/Zim/SA) - Would definitely fly them again. Were on time, courteous FAs, good service. Should be an A319 on that route, which I believe are relatively new.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 5:27 am

No red flags, unless you plan a long transit in WDH. That is one BORING airport.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I've searched and I can't find anything from the past several years on Air Namibia. Thinking of flying them on a simple CPT-WDH and assume they're fine, but just checking in to see if anyone has any red flags. There's an Airlink option with times that aren't quite as good. I don't care much about mileage earning between the options
Flew this route about 18 months ago. No problems at either end, plane and crew were fine. Wdh is a pretty small airport but serviceable.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:40 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I did this route in April.

Again, to echo the other's comments, no issues. Pleasant process in CPT with no lines.

The check in at WDH, on the other hand was a bit slow, despite many agents working. It took about 20 minutes for me to get through the lines. No kiosks were available so please make sure you allow appropriate time for the process.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
Like others here, I've flowed Air Namibia several times within southern Africa over the past two years - and as recently as this year. I find them to be among the best and prefer them over SA Airways - particularly in J class.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
As an update, I had a bad experience.
At 2 hours before scheduled departure at CPT, there was still no one manning the Air Namibia desk. When someone showed, they updated the screens to show a 2 hour delay, and that the CPT-WDH flight was going to be CPT-WVB-WDH --combining the CPT-WVB anc CPT-WDH flights, meaning a total of 3 hour delay. Worse, I later found out that Air Namibia is doing this on all Monday/Wednesday/Friday flights to and from CPT and JNB. Apparently the WVB passengers were notified as their flights became 3 hours *earlier*.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.