Search

Urgent RJ/AMM Question re: Interlining

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Urgent RJ/AMM Question re: Interlining

Hello,

Due to some IRROPS (flight attendant strikes at AF), my flight from AMM to JFK (via CDG on AF) had to be rebooked as a AMM-LHR (on RJ) and then LHR-JFK (on DL) trip. From my stilted conversations with the RJ telephone agents, it is not clear to me whether they will be able to check my bags all the way through to JFK or not (they claim that they "might" be able to, but "might not" depending on how the computers and airport agent work on the morning of my flight). Unfortunately, my layover in LHR is too short to allow me to collect my bags and re-check them with DL (as I would have to clear immigration and customs to do that as opposed to simply transiting through), and so I'd like some sense of certainty as to what to expect. Any thoughts/experience with this sort of situation?

Thanks!!
nolesaid

PS -- To the extent that it makes a difference, my original booking was as DL codeshares on DL (006) ticket stock.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
If its all on one PNR - AMM-LHR-JFK then it should definitely be possible. If not, I'd come to the check-in in AMM very early, allowing maximum time to either try to interline them, or to re-book on different flights.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by benberg2013
If its all on one PNR - AMM-LHR-JFK then it should definitely be possible. If not, I'd come to the check-in in AMM very early, allowing maximum time to either try to interline them, or to re-book on different flights.
I agree.

Further to the early check in comment,I would suggest checking in at in town check in office in the 7th circle at any time on the day of your flight as well as the previous day,so that you have more options to rebook e.t.c.

System capability wise it's possible,but it does not mean they will entertain your request,it all depends on your attitude and the attitude of the staff.

By the way I find it strange that they booked you on RJ>DL,but not direct RJ to JFK,or at least RJ>AA.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Thanks for the advice. Ultimately, I was able to get myself rebooked on BA AMM-LHR-JFK and will avoid the entire hassle -- I'd rather not have to deal with the uncertainty on site at the airport, especially given the increased loads on all the ex-AMM flights due to AF's silliness.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
System capability wise it's possible,but it does not mean they will entertain your request,it all depends on your attitude and the attitude of the staff.
That's exactly what I was worried about, especially given the entirely un-encouraging responses I was getting from RJ agents over the phone.

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
By the way I find it strange that they booked you on RJ>DL,but not direct RJ to JFK,or at least RJ>AA.
RJ direct to JFK would have certainly been my preference, but there was no availability in J (my original class of booking). And as for RJ>AA, DL was not keen on sending business AA's way. (See the mess regarding their interlining agreement, or rather the lack thereof.) In the end, I got myself booked through on BA, so all's well that ends well. Thanks for the quick response though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.